BK 7 - uneven bevel

This is my first Becker. Mail calls today, uneven bevel was found. Is this manufactuer defects and should be returned, or is it normal?

I personally would beat the dog snot out of it. That said, if you're not happy with it, return it.

Best advice is given ^^ :D
Use it, re-sharpen and enjoy some more

That's not amazing, but shouldn't hurt it and is not unusual. And you can make that go away with a single sharpening. Beat on it, sharpen, enjoy.

Thank you all. This is a defect and seems all being surprisingly generously toleranted. I am keeping this little beast, to reduce contact with my local courier guy.

Last edited:
Maybe you ask your question in the wrong section ;).... Most here use there Beckers a lot, so ... factory edges on disappear quick anyway as 1095 does need a sharpening after some use. For a non user knife I would be disappointed too.

Last edited:
Had more than a few Beckers come out of the box that way...
I've come to realize that is just something that can happen when the final sharpening is done by hand at the factory. I have chosen to see that final hand sharpening step as a feature - and since the rest of the blade looks straight and the flats are even...
My advice? The factory edge ALWAYS needs a honing, IMO, no matter the blade type, price or manufacturer...and this is an opportunity to even out that bit of unevenness, polish out the factory grind lines and make that BK7 truly yours. Welcome to the BK&T sub!

Becker's are cheap Beater knives.....
We love them for what they Are.

Me personally, I strip them, and mod them almost Instantly, so a quick run on my sander doesn't feel like a big deal for me. They are NOT art pieces.
I am sorry that you are unhappy.
Most good sellers would swap that out for you, or make you right somehow.
Or..... lots of members Here might offer to help you fix that
*I'm picky with Other knives.

I hope you get it worked out somehow.

I've seen worse on more expensive knives.
Use it, Love it, sharpen it.
Watch the problem correct itself.
... that's my advice.

Historically I've found factory sharpening jobs to be less-than-great anyway.

Back