BK*T Reinhart Kukri?

Henry Beige

Gold Member
Make that “Reinhardt”

What do I have here.? (Pictures when I can get some light)
Etch on LH
BK*T
REINHART
KUKRI

ON RH.
EFFINGHAM
ILLINOIS
U.S.A.

Blade has been sanded, presumably to get rid of rust or patina.
Leather sheath
Handle looks to be a Becker Handle

Last edited:
So, OK, it’s a BK21, but old enough to antedate any association with KaBar. Seller says he had it for 27 years.
Blade is not coated, maybe never was.

Don't take my word on this, but...
It's not a BK21, though. That designation happened with the KaBar version a few years ago. What you have is what you put in your first post: a BK&T Reinhardt Kukri. I believe that is from when BK&T were made by Blackjack.

Yep, waaaay more collectible. And I think possibly thicker? I seem to recall Bladite preferring the thicker version.

Make that “Reinhardt”

What do I have here.? (Pictures when I can get some light)
Etch on LH
BK*T
REINHART
KUKRI

ON RH.
EFFINGHAM
ILLINOIS
U.S.A.

Blade has been sanded, presumably to get rid of rust or patina.
Leather sheath
Handle looks to be a Becker Handle
Reinhardt Kukri and Becker 21
IMG_2166.jpg
The Reinhardt that came with a sandblast finish is made with 440 A stainless . It’s also thinner than than it’s gray painted Carbon steel brother and the 21.
IMG_2165.jpg
Thickness steel pic between the Reinhardt and 21. The Reinhardt is much more lively in hand.
View attachment 2340107
Have fun with yours :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks. Your post gives rise to another question: 440A or carbon? I assumed the blade was sanded to remove patina, but I guess it could have been to remove paint, so I assume carbon.

Thanks. Your post gives rise to another question: 440A or carbon? I assumed the blade was sanded to remove patina, but I guess it could have been to remove paint, so I assume carbon.
Pics would be a big help to see which one you have

here's a shot of the 3 different kukri's done by Blackjack

GWiMqRZ.jpg

Back