BK10 Crewman

Hey All, Just curious if this model is going to come back anytime soon??? I have the BK11 and just love the blade shape. I have a liking to the clip/parang style blades :thumbup:.

I had always wanted the "crewman" and like the idiot that I am never got around to getting one ... Now that I want want one, they're not available :grumpy:. I like the BK2, but prefer the blade shape of the BK10. Just thought I'd ask ...I'm new to Becker Knives and If this has been asked in the past, My apologies. I don't want to be redundant. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-ROOK-

I sure hope so, it was my favorite Becker. I want to get one and put some of the new Micarta grips on it.

The Blade show is at the end of the month: who knows what dreams may come true?

The Blade show is at the end of the month: who knows what dreams may come true?

Good Point ... the GF and I will be at the show, maybe I can get some info for us here??? I just keep kicking myself for not grabbing the BK10 when I had the chance :mad:.

-ROOK-

Pictures, ROOK, pictures!

Oh, did I mention that you should take pictures for those of us who can't go?

By the way, why don't you take some pictures for us?

Pictures, ROOK, pictures!

Oh, did I mention that you should take pictures for those of us who can't go?

By the way, why don't you take some pictures for us?

PICTURES ... DID YOU SAY PICTURES :D:D:D??? You got it ... I'll take as many as I possibly can and it'll be a Pleasure to do so. I have a design that will be showing at the show that I'm a bit nervous about ...Looking at some Beckers and Taking some photos for you fine folks here will keep my mind occupied.

-ROOK-

This interview was done back in March and is about an hour long. It is posted off Woodmonkey's website and is well done. I listened to it last Saturday and it has some really good info about what Ethan wants to do. I dont remember him saying that he will bring back the Crewman, but he did say that he will bring some of his projects to PWYP and the Blade show.

He also mentioned the Machax quite a few times:D:D

http://www.woodsmonkey.com/index.ph...-survive&catid=73:inteviewsprofiles&Itemid=85

This interview was done back in March and is about an hour long. It is posted off Woodmonkey's website and is well done. I listened to it last Saturday and it has some really good info about what Ethan wants to do. I dont remember him saying that he will bring back the Crewman, but he did say that he will bring some of his projects to PWYP and the Blade show.

He also mentioned the Machax quite a few times:D:D

http://www.woodsmonkey.com/index.ph...-survive&catid=73:inteviewsprofiles&Itemid=85

I like when he stated that the Cold Steel Master Hunter was one of the finest knives that's ever been made. I thought I heard the interviewer fall off the chair. Anyway I put the Cold Steel Master Hunter on my list of knives to buy soon.

Last edited:
PICTURES ... DID YOU SAY PICTURES :D:D:D??? You got it ... I'll take as many as I possibly can and it'll be a Pleasure to do so. I have a design that will be showing at the show that I'm a bit nervous about ...Looking at some Beckers and Taking some photos for you fine folks here will keep my mind occupied.
-ROOK-

unless they take my camera, i'll be taking a lot of pictures too :)

Bladite

Outstanding! The more pictures, the better. Hopefully there will be new stuff shown. I'm particularly interested in the new micarta handles for the BK-11 (necker).

I wish I could make it, but it's a long trip from San Diego, and one I can't afford.

I can't fault the logic on the Cold Steel Master Hunter. I really like VG-1, the stuff gets really really sharp, and the blade shape with a full flat grind, just makes for an awesome knife. If I were to own one I would likely re-handle it though.

That being said, the Crewman was my ideal Becker but I apparently tried to buy one right after they stopped production. I never did find one in stock. I may have just traded into one and I am pretty excited.

That being said, the Crewman was my ideal Becker but I apparently tried to buy one right after they stopped production. I never did find one in stock. I may have just traded into one and I am pretty excited.

WOW ... CONGRATS on your find Bro :thumbup:. You've got some luck on your side. The Crewman is Extremely hard to find. Get some pix for us so we can droooool over it and leave Eye Prints on it :D. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-ROOK-

I took a Crewman and a Brute both new in box, to the O.K.C.A show snobs had no interest in them or offered a ridiculous price for them...G.

WOW ... CONGRATS on your find Bro :thumbup:. You've got some luck on your side. The Crewman is Extremely hard to find. Get some pix for us so we can droooool over it and leave Eye Prints on it :D. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-ROOK-

It arrived today. Its a very nice knife and the first Becker I have had hands on time with. I was originally thinking of making some blue/black g10 scales for it but I don't know anymore as the scales feel pretty nice.

I was lucky, and found one at the local army-navy store for $65 after the fall of Camillus. I snatched it up, and it rides on my belt quite a lot when I am in the woods. I love that blade. I can't believe we haven't seen one from KaBar yet.

My guess is Ka-bar's marketing team feels the BK2 and BK10 would be competition for each other and not much of a separately profitable release.

Back