Bk10 or bk2

In a survival/camping situation should I get a bk2 campanion or a bk10 crewman ( a found a crewman online for 80 bucks)

yes :)

define: survival? typically, that's going to be a fine sunny Sunday, and you get ejected from your yacht and end up on an island. the knife you have with you is the knife you will use, yah? yah...

now, if you're building a bugout bag, and you need a knife to clean and skin, say, Godzilla...

imho, the knives are really too close to judge... 1.6 oz difference classically, though with the new BK2 being 1.26 oz lighter... the weight is going to be the same, and the difference about 2mm?

so, how about those thumb ramps? ;)

Bladite

either one!

do you like using thumb ramps and having a pommel for hammering?

BK10

do you NOT like thumb ramps? go with BK2

your right, In the end it's more about the thumb ramp and honestly I kinda liked the fact the bk2 doesn't have one so choking up is real easy and comfortable. but man that bk10 is sweet, more than likely I will be buying both before 2010 is over

I only ask this is because I am going to be going on a real camping trip

Last edited:
your right, In the end it's more about the thumb ramp and honestly I kinda liked the fact the bk2 doesn't have one so choking up is real easy and comfortable. but man that bk10 is sweet, more than likely I will be buying both before 2010 is over

I only ask this is because I am going to be going on a real camping trip

well, buy both now... try them out. if you hate either, sell/trade them, it'll be VERY easy to turn those around, *ESPECIALLY* the BK-10, in fact, i'd be willing to bet there's a line for those ;>

Bladite

As Bladite pointed out, the BK-10 is not in production right now, and has collectors value. For $80, I'd say snap up the BK-10, then get the BK2 later (you know you want 'em both).

I wish I could but I don't have enough cash I am buying the bk2 and a casio pathfinder paw1500 which is a awesome survival watch

I wish I could but I don't have enough cash I am buying the bk2 and a casio pathfinder paw1500 which is a awesome survival watch

Well, you can't go wrong with the BK-2, but it's a shame that you have to pass on the BK-10 at that price.

You'll be happy with the BK-2, though. Once you have it, you'll want all the other Becker's, too.

Well it's pretty much destiny for me to own a bk2 bk10 and a bk9 sooner or later I can't wait to post a pic of me and my new bk2 for you guys

I might end up getting my bro a bk10 as a gift For our trip so I will still be able to tool around with it in a side by side with the bk2 one thing is that the bk2 is thicker

buddy the decision to pass on that bk10 will haunt your thoughts
GRAB IT
so pissed I passed on the carbonv before it went away, this will be the same for you.

Well kabar has the bk10 on the table for reproduction so sooner or later you will be able to buy it again

Back