BK16 Sheath

So this is my general Grab 'n' Go bag, a Hidden Woodsmen haversack stuffed and strapped with all sorts of goodies.

20190226-162545.jpg

On the outside, I keep a Bahco Laplander, and a TOPS Cub, with firesteel and a SAK soldier in the pouch, and a Leatherman Skeletool and SOG camp axe on the reverse.

20190226-163641.jpg

I'm looking into possibly replacing the TOPS with a BK16, and was wondering if it will fit in as nicely.

Here's a picture of the TOPS sheath with a scale. The bag is about 10" tall.
20190226-162613.jpg

Anybody have a 16 within reach and can give me the sheath dimensions? What's the total length, and where abouts does the Molle strapping begin? How's about the width?

Awesome! Thank you kindly. I *think* that might work? I'll have to double check where the Molle starts on the Cub sheath, I think it's very similar. I just don't want the hilt stickin' way up above the bag top, because I'm a little obsessive compulsive and ridiculous.

I just really like the blade profile on the 11/14/16. Reminds me a lot of the Hudson's Bay knives. And overall I find I prefer a flat grind on my outdoor knives.

Happy to assist. Nice setup by the way. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I quite dig it. Tried to make it as self-contained as possible. Has everything one might need for a jaunt in the woods, but still be prepared for an unexpected night out, or as a compliment to a larger pack, or for scouting from a base camp.

The loadout has changed from time to time, but there's always at least the above tools, compass, a fire kit, first aid kit, and the below water/cooking kit. And usually some type of shelter option. Currently it's an SOL utility blanket.

20181107-164435.jpg

20181107-130442.jpg

Made the twig stove out of a dollar store stationery cup and some steel rod.

I have a couple of those same Stanley pots. They're fantastic for the price! The little plastic tab broke on one of them and I threaded a standard key ring through it. Works even better than the tab and you don't have to worry about it melting. :)

I really dig the twig stove you made! If you get the hankering to do a project... I'd purchase one off of ya! I imagine it's a pain in the butt to source a steel cup with those exact dimensions.

I also use that same Sawyer mini filter... Great minds... :D

Last edited:
I have a couple of those same Stanley pots. They're fantastic for the price! The little plastic tab broke on one of them and I threaded a standard key ring through it. Works even better than the tab and you don't have to worry about it melting. :)

I really dig the twig stove you made! If you get the hankering to do a project... I'd purchase one off of ya! I imagine it's a pain in the butt to source a steel cup with those exact dimensions.

I also use that same Sawyer mini filter... Great minds... :D

I'll keep an eye out for more cups! Had some other folk interested as well. It nests with the Stanley pot perfectly. You can fit a Trangia or beer can penny stove in the bottom as well.

Haven't had an issue with the plastic tab melting, though I have seen many folk replace it with a split ring as well. I'll probably do that at some point.

Back