BK2 ABUSE FOR 5 MONTHS

I Have 3 BK2's and carry one concealed every day. In May this year I decided to take one and test it non stop to see what this thing can take. I took the edge right down to between 15-16dps before testing started. I have about 15 videos on youtube and another 2 hours of footage but still this is a drop in the ocean compared to how much this knife worked.

I cringed when I watched you use a hammer on the 2. Never beat metal with metal. That's a good way to throw a metal sliver into your eyeball. Use a piece of wood. :thumbsup:

That aside, the BK2 is a beast of a knife.

Not gringed, cringed, haha. :D

I baby my Beckers, I only use Steel on Wood or wood on steel when Batactitoning Tyrannical Botanicals, some call it Froeing away on the wood. ;)

Never beat metal with metal.

With all due respect thatโ€™s just not true. Never say never.

There are lots of appropriate times to hit metal with metal. Hammer on a nail, hammer on a cold chisel, forging metal with a hammer, etc.

The only rule Iโ€™ve ever heard is to never strike two hammers together.

I agree that when batoning using a piece of wood is the definite smart choice.

The use of safety glasses is also a wise choice.

With all due respect thatโ€™s just not true. Never say never.

There are lots of appropriate times to hit metal with metal. Hammer on a nail, hammer on a cold chisel, forging metal with a hammer, etc.

The only rule Iโ€™ve ever heard is to never strike two hammers together.

I agree that when batoning using a piece of wood is the definite smart choice.

The use of safety glasses is also a wise choice.
Good point. Ok, then normally, don't hit metal on metal, haha. One of the few times I've seen someone break a BK2, and reported it here, they used a hammer to baton with.

I went to coal mining school years ago. I remember reading in one of the text books, to not use metal to strike metal with. Anywhos, welding was part of the classes. A student was using a hammer to strike metal with. I can't remember why he did, but a piece of metal flew off, and struck him right above the eye. Left a nasty gash. Half an inch lower, and he would have got it in the eyeball. So, you can see why that sticks in my mind.

Good point. Ok, then normally, don't hit metal on metal, haha. One of the few times I've seen someone break a BK2, and reported it here, they used a hammer to baton with.

I went to coal mining school years ago. I remember reading in one of the text books, to not use metal to strike metal with. Anywhos, welding was part of the classes. A student was using a hammer to strike metal with. I can't remember why he did, but a piece of metal flew off, and struck him right above the eye. Left a nasty gash. Half an inch lower, and he would have got it in the eyeball. So, you can see why that sticks in my mind.

โ€ฆ.No
It stuck in His mind.....haha.... Well, his head anyhow :p

But in those cases hardened steel is striking unhardened steel; any time two hardened steels are impacting is generally a bad time.

That's why you don't strike two hammers together, or strike a knife with a hammer, or a metal wedge with a hardened axe poll.

Yeah, that's what it was, hardened steel on hardened steel. I knew I wasn't crazy, well..

Thanks for clearing that up.

i think a hammer violates the warranty anyway...

i'm honestly surprised how many of y'all don't have actual froes...

purpose designed to rive wood, with a stout hickory club. thicker than any BK and tempered for the job

i keep one of various types near the woodstove.

they makes them in straight (like a BK10), and socketed for a handle that makes a good lever

i'm also reminded of the series of posts from "some time ago" here on the BK forum, "some guy" took his lawn mower apart with a BK2 - hammer might have been involved :D

i think a hammer violates the warranty anyway...

i'm honestly surprised how many of y'all don't have actual froes...

purpose designed to rive wood, with a stout hickory club. thicker than any BK and tempered for the job

i keep one of various types near the woodstove.

they makes them in straight (like a BK10), and socketed for a handle that makes a good lever

Where did you get yours? if Becker made a froe Iโ€™d buy one. Buck makes one, but it has a handle like a knife. I want one with a socket for a round perpendicular handle.

I started using one of these and love it.
81K-yAuPi7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks A Aikiguy , every time I start to buy one, I think I can make one of those. Then I realize I NEED to make one. Or better yet several of them. Then I never get around to it. Someday Iโ€™ll get to it.

Last edited:
Back