BK2 Sheath Mod. Extremely Photo Heavy

awsome idea. if you dont mind I plan to copy it when my bk2 gets here. And I am going to do it on my rat sheath.

I got some screws at the hardware store. Don't remember the size. I took my sheath in with me to make sure I had the right ones. The way it is in the photos, it weighed 2 1/4 lbs. Very heavy, but not too noticeable once it was on the belt. I took the sharpener, and BK14 off it, so of course it would weigh less now.

Thanks Warrior. Appreciate the info!

Thanks for the link Warrior! Very "out of the box" thinking on many fronts.... :)

Thanks for the link Warrior! Very "out of the box" thinking on many fronts.... :)
No problem, and thanks. This was a blast putting together. Funnest mod I've done.

Wicked mods there! I'm inspired to try and do something similar with my Trailmaster's sheath and the same when I get a BK2 (maybe for xmas if I'm lucky).

Thanks appreciated. This was a fun mod to do.

That isn't cool, nor inventive, nor functional. Here is what I am willing to do for you (being a man who likes to help out my fellow man). I will take the whole rig (knives included) off your hands. PM me for my address.

Seriously though, that looks great! Very nice job!

Dang, this thing got revived? I remember reading this during my stalking times..... It was also the inspiration for my current BK2 sheath, albeit mine is a poormans version.

I believe that loop would fit a 2" belt. Just my guess.

Anyhow, big bump much?

While I'm not a big fan of a drop leg for a knife I do really like some of the mods you have done. They have inspired me for my BK2.

The hanger is a big problem on the factory sheath. I want to go the opposite and raise the knife up a bit. For myself I find that I prefer them to sit so that the top of my belt is right at half way up the handle. The idea to stiffen the hanger is great and I happen to have a belt sitting around waiting to be chopped up.

Thanks for the detailed thread. Love the firesteel loops too, something else I want to add.

Charlie

The best way to raise the knife is a Tek-Lok, just remove the stock belt loop altogether and put a tek-lok in it's place. I personally prefer drop leg, which is why I tried to mimic these mods.

Wow, a blast from the past. Didn't expect to see this at the top anymore.

What size belt did you use a small is my guess I know it's a dumb thing to ask
It was a 2" web belt, if that's what you mean. They're adjustable belts, don't know the actual waist size.

That isn't cool, nor inventive, nor functional. Here is what I am willing to do for you (being a man who likes to help out my fellow man). I will take the whole rig (knives included) off your hands. PM me for my address.

Seriously though, that looks great! Very nice job!
Haha, thanks.

While I'm not a big fan of a drop leg for a knife I do really like some of the mods you have done. They have inspired me for my BK2.

The hanger is a big problem on the factory sheath. I want to go the opposite and raise the knife up a bit. For myself I find that I prefer them to sit so that the top of my belt is right at half way up the handle. The idea to stiffen the hanger is great and I happen to have a belt sitting around waiting to be chopped up.

Thanks for the detailed thread. Love the firesteel loops too, something else I want to add.

Charlie
I'm just the opposite. I have long arms, and it's easier for me to withdraw my knife from the sheath when it's lower, especially this sheath, as it's a bit more difficult to remove than say a leather one. Many people copied the firesteel loop idea. I'm flattered. I actually don't have them on mine anymore. I had to melt mine a bit, for it to sit over far enough. They ended up breaking on me. I need to find some that will fit. Of course, it has a tin in the pouch anyways, can always just put it in there.

Dang, this thing got revived?
What's wrong with that?

Anyhow, big bump much?
This is a new members first post. Nice welcome. :rolleyes: Comes in, bumps something he's interested in, and this is the response you give??? Really nice welcome.

Dang, this thing got revived? I remember reading this during my stalking times..... It was also the inspiration for my current BK2 sheath, albeit mine is a poormans version.

I believe that loop would fit a 2" belt. Just my guess.

Anyhow, big bump much?

Oxide seriously, exactly what is wrong with bringing a worthwhile thread back? This forum is rich with fantastic information and great threads that have been buried by worthless crap. It doesn't hurt a damn thing for the new members to see some valuable threads every once in a while. Try to be a little more civil to new posters.

By the way Kagenb03, welcome to bladeforums and the Becker subforum. Glad to have you. Jump right in and make yourself at home.

Oxide seriously, exactly what is wrong with bringing a worthwhile thread back? This forum is rich with fantastic information and great threads that have been buried by worthless crap. It doesn't hurt a damn thing for the new members to see some valuable threads every once in a while. Try to be a little more civil to new posters.

^ This.^

I'm sorry if my post came off as negative, I wasn't trying for that at all (I also forgot tones don't transfer through text), nor did I mean that bringing this thread back was bad in anyway, as I said, this one inspired my mods to my own BK2 sheath.

And I'm VERY sorry for forgetting my manners and not properly welcoming a new member, aside from offering a tribute of several Becker knives, how can I make up for my mistake Kagenb03?

Back