BK2 Sheath. What do you think?

Howdy,

I made this this sheath for the BK2. And I thought I would share images, and see if you all could provide any feedback.

I made it out of .093 Concealex for good retention.

bk2sheath1.jpg

bk2sheath2.jpg

I would love to hear what you all think.

Thank you,
Marion

That looks really good, Marion. Very nice, indeed.

What does the back side look like: how does it attach to a belt?

Thanks guys!

I did not photograph it with a belt attachment, but a Tek Lok will bolt through holes easily, they are spaced for just such a purpose.

Marion

very nice work! i'm tempted to ditch the nylon sheath for my bk9...it's perfectly functional though. argh.

I like it.
Just what I'd want.
The spine holes are further from the steel than the blade holes - looks a little off-center. Is that because the thickness of the spine requires more room to mold around?

The factory sheath is functional, but it's nothing to write home about. A Tek-lock compatible unit from properly molded *ex is just the ticket. My Camillus bk11 sheath is very similar, and it's tops.

-Daizee

Ah. That'll do quite well. Thanks, Marion.

Welcome my friend!

very nice work! i'm tempted to ditch the nylon sheath for my bk9...it's perfectly functional though. argh.

The stock sheath is good for what it is. But, as you can imagine, I prefer a Kydex/Concealex sheath. : )

I like it.
Just what I'd want.
The spine holes are further from the steel than the blade holes - looks a little off-center. Is that because the thickness of the spine requires more room to mold around?

The factory sheath is functional, but it's nothing to write home about. A Tek-lock compatible unit from properly molded *ex is just the ticket. My Camillus bk11 sheath is very similar, and it's tops.

-Daizee

You have it right, if you put the rivets too close to the spine, it can bind the knife up.

:thumbup:

looks good man..

I am one of the rare ones here that like the stock sheath too.

Thank you!

Marion

Looks good. For a knife that size, I would prefer a taco style, but that one works well. I like that you used a thicker kydex also.

Looks good. For a knife that size, I would prefer a taco style, but that one works well. I like that you used a thicker kydex also.

Yeah, a fold-over, or taco would be narrower and more stream-lined, but that sort of sheath does limit carry options. And the action is harder to keep consistent with that style.

Best,
Marion

Last edited:
Back