bk29 mod

So I modded my bk29. I wanted to do this to a bk20, but then they sold out and were way too much on the aftermarket. I figured I'd just buy an extra 29 while they are basically only $100.

Gave it the normal treatment, stainless hardware, paint stripped, logos etched. I played around with it earlier today and of course got no photos. So these will have to make do and hopefully I'll add some more tomorrow.

I always loved Dex's similar mod he did to a bk9 that NCslice has, but I wanted to keep the blade length. So the 29 makes the perfect platform. Blade length clocks in at 9 inches. I bet it would even give the bk9 a run for its money.

If I can get the extra money I hoping to buy another bk29 and pin some permanent wood handles on it with a big old fashioned brass guard. Really try to give it a worn out look and a good leather sheath that matches. I think it would make a killer old school bowie that is still functional.

unnamed.jpg unnamed-1.jpg unnamed-2.jpg

Love it!
I was thinking of exactly this just this morning lol
Great work!

it's fine - I was attempting Earth-humour.
a pun
a play on words.

seax knife:
blade-play-fixed-wire-wrapped-seax-203340-cm-thumb.jpg

your mods have a similar vibe - hence, seax-y

it's fine - I was attempting Earth-humour.
a pun
a play on words.

seax knife:
blade-play-fixed-wire-wrapped-seax-203340-cm-thumb.jpg

your mods have a similar vibe - hence, seax-y

Haha I gotcha! I'm just not knife savvy enough for the inside knife jokes. It does have a good resemblance.

Better jump on it, there wasn't a lot made and they won't be around much longer.

Limited production knives are more or less wasted on me. I just don't have it in me to actually put them through their paces. With me they just sit around being preserved and taken care of like collector's items in the hopes that their mint condition is going to bring in big bucks some day. It's a mentality that I've had for a long time, that I just can't seem to break. So I leave the limited production and special edition stuff to folks who aren't the slaves to such.

Haha that just means you need to get two (or more). Use one, keep one in the box nice and minty for retirement.

The official name for this beast is going to be either the "toddler thumper" or "toddler popper" not quite sure which one yet.

Back