BK5, batoning and chopping?

I cannot find a better knife than this, wth it's bladeshape, steel, sheath and price then this knife for a medium sized survival knife.

But I'm just curious, has this knife ever failed one of you? What has your held up to? I really dig this knife and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it sooner or later. What are the sheath capabilities?

I'm looking for some sort of evaluation of it. Pictures of the knife in use would be sweet if you have them. Thanks in advance.

I cannot find a better knife than this, wth it's bladeshape, steel, sheath and price then this knife for a medium sized survival knife.

the BK-05? sure thing, it's a great knife, great blade shape by Fisk, excellent steel (on both versions), the original sheath was special, the camillus one "eh"...

and price? er, you DO know they are no longer being made, and are fairly expensive? i wouldn't go so far as to call them medium either...

so, i'm not sure you're talking about the BK-05 "Magnum Camp"...

Bladite

I believe a BK2 could fail if it were at the center of a nuclear explosion. Short of that though, they're pretty well indestructible.

I have a BK2 and a RC-5 which are very comparable. Neither blade will ever fail while doing any reasonable task.

Last edited:
I believe a BK2 could fail if it were at the center of a nuclear explosion. Short of that though, they're pretty well indestructible.

chuck norris has used a BK-02 to baton a thermo nuclear warhead that he axe kicked from orbit and despite that, it still went off. the BK-02 was unscathed while chuck norris got a tan.

Bladite

chuck norris has used a BK-02 to baton a thermo nuclear warhead that he axe kicked from orbit and despite that, it still went off. the BK-02 was unscathed while chuck norris got a tan.

Bladite

I stand corrected: the BK2 will withstand a thermonuclear explosion.

I wondered how Norris got that nice, even tan.

Are the scales loose on the tang? It seems there is space between them?

Pics are great btw, some sheath pics would be nice too. I got a pygmy falcon 2 for my bday, and want to see if it can be rigged to it easiliy. Thanks.

Are the scales loose on the tang?
No, they're tight. It looks like a gap in the picture but the grip to metal fit is fine.
I got a pygmy falcon 2 for my bday, and want to see if it can be rigged to it easiliy
I have a Pygmy Falcon II also and the only way I could come up with to carry a large knife on the pack is in one of the bottle holders.

Last edited:
It was amazing to see Chuck rise out of the pile of bad guys. He seemed to blend right in for a little while, but then emerged unscathed. He must have been carrying a Magic Becker.

wow MOF, I must be a mind reader. When you said BK5 I thought you were talking about the BK2. But then for some absent minded reason, i wrote BK5 in my response. Great minds think alike?

wow MOF, I must be a mind reader. When you said BK5 I thought you were talking about the BK2. But then for some absent minded reason, i wrote BK5 in my response. Great minds think alike?

Yeah, it was just RC5, BK5? Kind of like bk7 and 9 are numbered for thier blade length. BK2 is a wierd number for it.

Back