BK9 for a camp knife?

Hello guys,

I need your help on this...

I need a new camp knife and came across these Becker knives..
Frankly, I don't know anything about these knifes, though I did read some posts here and it seems to be a good knife.

It will mainly be used for limping, chopping and so on, so while edge retention is somewhat important, for me it is more important that it won't chip, badly i mean.

Any input or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Brian Pedersen
Tokyo, Japan

Brian:

Becker knives (now Kabar/Becker) are well-regarded around as reasonably priced, tough as snot, no nonsense fixed blades. Aside from me whining like a school girl that the latest incarnation is infinitesimally thinner, you will be hard-pressed to find any detractors. So if a BK9 is what you are after (I have 3 I think), proceed without worry. Good choppers with good edge retention. A long-time favorite at Bladeforums.

:thumbup:

BK9%20MED.JPG

Very good knife, highly recommended.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

The BK9 is one of the best choppers to be had, and at an extremely good price too :thumbup:

The BK9 is an excellent choice for what you are looking for. Try and guess which of these gets the most use....:D

p1010040-1.jpg

The Becker BK9 makes a great camp knife. About 5 years ago my brother, his family and I went camping. The BK9 was our main blade for cutting and splitting wood along with cutting marshmellow roasting sticks. Did a great job. A friend liked mine so much he bought him self one and now it's his main knife.

Heber

I only have the BK2 so far. See my review of it at BK2 Freed From The Snow Based on it I plan of having at least one of every Becker made. The reason is that I have a knife that is every bit as good as the BK2. It too has the same clean economical straight forward no nonsense design that the BK2 has, is also made with top quality material, a rugged durable working blade A semi custom that only cost eight times as much as the BK2. The point of all of that is that for the price of one semi custom knife I can have one of every Becker made each. Each and every one as good as a high end custom and in function better than many. That is not said to disparage any of the really fine in form and function custom knives being made by some real masters. I plan on having as many as possible. You should get one if the pride of owning a one off is the priority, you will find many as good as a Becker. But if a real working knife that sharpens razor sharp with excellent edge retention solid indestructible performance that you are not afraid to put to hard use get a Becker. You like me will be increasingly pleased with your choice the longer that you have it

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated!

I'll pick one up next week and maybe I'll get a bk7 too while i am at it:D

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated!

I'll pick one up next week and maybe I'll get a bk7 too while i am at it:D

make that BK7 a BK2 you'll be much happier. BK7 great knife I own two,love them.but the BK2 is a much better match to the BK9. between my 9 & 2
the 7 just dosen't get as much use any more.;)

Back