BK9 is a beast!

I know, nothing new for you guys, but I really got to put it to some good use this weekend breaking down some seasoned oak logs...some knotty ones at that too. I used the BK9 to tackle the stuff I didn't want to risk with my smaller knives. The BK9 was great in chopping and batoning, yet it was agile and light enough in hand to take on detailed tasks. The BK13 came in handy too, with some small odd-end work :thumbup:. Just wanted to say thanks to Ethan for putting out such a great product.

The scales did come loose after a bit of use, but didn't become completely unusable. A little loctite before the next outing will fix that :thumbup:.

12973edb.jpg

0e6ee8cc.jpg

4cc5557c.jpg

b500ee86.jpg

I'm really glad I started out with the BK9 for my first Becker, turned out to be a damn good choice :D. The BK7, BK2, and BK11 are next....and of course a Brute if one ever pops up when I actually have the funds for it....:grumpy::)

Great blade and pics!!!!

I got to say though...I'd be a little on edge about chopping/batoning without some good shoes on my feet!

Thanks guys!

Rmc, it's no problem, I chop low so it's impossible to hit my feet, and with batoning, you have excellent control and your feet are also well out of the way :thumbup:. I can't stand wearing shoes around the campsite :D

I understand the "no shoes thing". I'm born and raised in FL so 10 months of the year are spent without wearing shoes!

Haha, there ya go! Born and raised in HI, so 12 months are spent without shoes (unless required by work) :thumbup:. You know where I'm coming from :)

The BK9 is a nasty fun knife! witch ever one you get next from your list can take a beating.I'd put on some shoes strange things can happen when batoning!

RAT PACK #91

Haha, I suppose so; you never really know when Murphy will strike. I'll consider it the next time :thumbup::)

I've said it before, but I love the look of a well-used blade. Thats a happy knife.

Nice pics bro. I got the 7 first then the 9. I use my 9 more when weight isnt an issue. The 7 is a really nice size knife. Both come with the 13 and beg to be used. I took the scales off of my 9 and added a mini psk and fishing kit in there then covered the handles in 2 ranger bands. Seems to keep the bolts from coming loose.

Thanks guys, yeah, this Becker just begs for hard work! I love it! :D

Milani, the 7 has always appealed to me for some reason, definitely my next purchase :thumbup:. Good idea with packing the scales, might try that sometime. Also thinking about upgrading to those spiffy micarta scales....:)

Back