Black Asp Kopis Sword Pic’s

Archer Here

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all. Did this custom order for a fellow overseas. Hope you like it.

The Black Asp Kopis

Little History:
The Asp Snake was used by Cleopatra to bring about her demise. Slow moving but aggressive, the asp is very dangerous. Their poison is a systematic one that clots the blood and destroys the lining of the blood vessels.

Shop Details:
5160 Spring Steel cut out and Normalized @ 1500 degrees until non magnetic, three times, to remove stresses and align crystals. Heat Hardened until blade became nonmagnetic, then quenched in 125 degree quality oil. Tempered the blade to a straw hardness @ 425 degrees for 1 hour, letting it air cool and repeating once more.

Total Length = 27 1/8 “
Blade Length = 20 ¾ “
Blade Width = 3” – Widest Point
Blade Thickness = 3/16 “
Handle Length = 6 3/8 “
Handle Width = 1 1/16”
Handle: Hickory w/ Gunstock & Black Cherry Stain
Weight = 2 lbs, 14 oz
Sheath = Hand Stitched Leather Hide & Black Snakeskin

100_6980.jpg

100_6995.jpg

100_7003.jpg

100_7000.jpg

100_7020.jpg

Nice work Chris. You are becomeing the master of the "Functionally Wild"

"Functionally Wild"... I kind of like that. Can I use that to discribe something on my website :D. Thank you for the complement. Chris

Very nice work. I just looked at the videos on your site and that Spartan 300 sword you did looks badass :D

Very nice work. I just looked at the videos on your site and that Spartan 300 sword you did looks badass :D

Thanks brother. The 300 is definitely one of my favorites. It just really feels like it could do some damage. Thanks again, Chris

Back