Black bird damascus?

Watching the spring arrival of flocks of birds, brought back a somewhat dark memory from the past. I was preparing the coke forge for its first test firing, some years back. I had ask a few buddies to come by and help with the first fire up. My coke forge has a long exhaust pipe and little did I realize that a flock of black birds had taken up residence. Well, as you can imagine, when the air fired exhaust went up the flue the b. birds started raining down into the fire. I did not have a clue as to what was going on. I just saw the fire come alive and dance wildly. After a brief rush of panic and heading for the fire extinguisher, someone in the group realized what was happening. We worked together and got the fire under control. It was a hair raising experience. Fred :barf: :barf:

that's hilarious!

you ought to make up some mosaic dam. just for that.....

Dan,
I remember, they made such poor fuel. A very low btu critter. And yes it was a hoot , after the intial shock. Fred :D :D :D

Hey!!! Maybe if you get enough of them they will add carbon to the mix. :confused: :confused: :D
Didn't someone put them in a pie???? :confused:

Fred.Rowe said:
4 and 20 I believe, but, these were definetly not singing. ;) Fred
Fred is your butt was in fire would you be singing????? :confused: :confused: :eek: :D BUTT in you case it would have to be one hell of a big fire. :eek: :p :D

Mr. Rebello,
That would be a complement, to a man who likes girls with big behinds.
"WATCH YOUREN' :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: Do you forge??? I didn't no if you saw the humor in this or not. :confused: :) :) :)

I would of enjoyed being there with you and seeing it happen. :D :D and being Portagee I would of forged up little skewers and would have them for lunch. :barf: :barf: HEHEHE!!!

George,
I must say, I like your sence of humor, firey a little burnt on one side, but definetly consumeable. I have a tuff day ahead of me, but this post has gotten me off to a great start. Fred Laughing on my way out the door. :D :eek: :eek: :) :) :D

Back