Black Box Winchesters

Please correct me if I am wrong here. It is my understanding that the Winchesters in the Black Box were made by Queen and are of higher quality than the others. There are some great patterns in this line that aren't available in other brands and I am wondering if anyone has used them as a EDC? I am not really interested in what blade steel they used due to the fact that I have seen some of the lesser steels perform quite well when they were heat treated properly but am interested in hearing of anyone's experience in using these knives. Anyone ?
Thanks,
Greg

Greg, I've carried and used a couple (light use) but they've needed some serious sharpening before they were ready for toting. I like 'em a lot.

One was so bad that it got the Krein treatment as it actually lacked a bevel on one side of the master blade.

Hopefully, I'll be able to share more info with you down the road as they get more pocket time.

From what I know,my opinion,is that the older 1980's & early 1990 models,were made by Queen for BlueGrass Cutlery What's nice about these,is some of the bone,it is actually older bone,some from the Utica Knife Co.,great looking stuff for knives in this price range
Carbon blades make for easy sharpening modifications.IMO,the f&f is better than some of the newer Queen knives,but like all productions,it could vary,too
-Vince

Thanks Fellas. I might pickup a few and try 'em out. I don't mind re profiling a new knife so long as it will hold an edge reasonably well. They, Winchester, seem to have the patterns I am curious about. The newer Black Box knives carry a fairly hefty price tag on them but that doesn't really mean that quality comes with it. I don't want to collect them. I want to use them. I'll give a few a try and let ya know what I come up with.
Greg

I have 2 coffin jacks. I carry one and the other is minty fresh. The top knife is carried.

P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010028.jpg

Back