Benchmade Black Bugout

Benchmade-Bugout-Black-535BK-1902-BHQ-98607-kp-open-large.jpg

Dropping 7/19 @ 10am!

I wish I could still buy Benchmades without feeling dirty, the Bugout is one of my favorite models and it looks great in black. It sucks that they're putting out some knives I really like just when I'm calling it quits with them. The Shot Show edition Fact was very attractive as well, but after buying it I felt crummy so that's the last one for me sadly. :(

I wish I could still buy Benchmades without feeling dirty, the Bugout is one of my favorite models and it looks great in black. It sucks that they're putting out some knives I really like just when I'm calling it quits with them. The Shot Show edition Fact was very attractive as well, but after buying it I felt crummy so that's the last one for me sadly. :(
You talking about them helping out the cops? Yeah, when I ran a crematorium cops used me to dispose of perfectly good drugs, uniforms, ivory and all sorts of things contraband. I wouldn’t feel dirty. I’m glad Benchmade is supporting local PD. I mean if they were the last 100 guns I could see it lol. But I have a buddy with more guns in his private collection than what they had to destroy. I get it. Easier to destroy than insure the sale of em. Cops aren’t vendors and can’t afford the liability.

Each to their own I guess. They are American made.

That's a looker.

I like my Bugout very much. I'm going to buy some more, and this one will probably make the pocket.

You talking about them helping out the cops? Yeah, when I ran a crematorium cops used me to dispose of perfectly good drugs, uniforms, ivory and all sorts of things contraband. I wouldn’t feel dirty. I’m glad Benchmade is supporting local PD. I mean if they were the last 100 guns I could see it lol. But I have a buddy with more guns in his private collection than what they had to destroy. I get it. Easier to destroy than insure the sale of em. Cops aren’t vendors and can’t afford the liability.

Each to their own I guess. They are American made.

Nah, not the gun chopping. It was having all of their political donations laid out in the subsequent witch hunt that did it for me. I'm a gun guy; when I'm not buying knives I don't need, I'm buying guns I don't need (levels of need for both described here as measured by my lovely bride). Now that I know they give all of their political donations to gun-grabbers I can't un-know it.

I'm better off not knowing. I'd hate to find out who the folks at Olamic donate to and not be able to buy the damasteel Swish I need, or the acid rain Rainmaker I need. ;)

In any case, my personal qualms aside, I would totally pick up a black Bugout (I love my blue one).

Benchmade really needs to start using DLC blade coatings. This knife would be a must buy if it used DLC, but their blade coating completely ruins it for me.

Nah, not the gun chopping. It was having all of their political donations laid out in the subsequent witch hunt that did it for me. I'm a gun guy; when I'm not buying knives I don't need, I'm buying guns I don't need (levels of need for both described here as measured by my lovely bride). Now that I know they give all of their political donations to gun-grabbers I can't un-know it.

I'm better off not knowing. I'd hate to find out who the folks at Olamic donate to and not be able to buy the damasteel Swish I need, or the acid rain Rainmaker I need. ;)

In any case, my personal qualms aside, I would totally pick up a black Bugout (I love my blue one).

I'm no BM fanboy and don't blame you at all for the personal boycott, but I honestly don't understand the issue with their donations.

If they were in Texas then I'd take offense, but they're in the bluest of blue states. A pro-gun candidate has about as much chance of winning office there as I have winning a gold medal in the Olympics.

Why would they bother bribing politicians that won't win? Better I think to buy the ear of an enemy with legislative influence than an ally without.

As to the black bugout... I don't buy black knives and the Bugout falls into the "want to like" category for me. I've owned 3 or 4 now. Even one with g10 scales... I prefer the 940.

Yawn.

Any M4 yet? (As long as it’s 194 HRC)

Can we get this freaking knife in carbon fibre yet or what? CF bugout with m4 steel would be perfection.

I'm no BM fanboy and don't blame you at all for the personal boycott, but I honestly don't understand the issue with their donations.

If they were in Texas then I'd take offense, but they're in the bluest of blue states. A pro-gun candidate has about as much chance of winning office there as I have winning a gold medal in the Olympics.

Why would they bother bribing politicians that won't win? Better I think to buy the ear of an enemy with legislative influence than an ally without.

As to the black bugout... I don't buy black knives and the Bugout falls into the "want to like" category for me. I've owned 3 or 4 now. Even one with g10 scales... I prefer the 940.

That’s the way that I see it. They are in an extremely blue state and the donations are likely a bit of a tithe to send the state government’s evil eye elsewhere. Sort of like a nerdy kid who gives the class bully a dollar of his lunch money so that way he doesn’t get shaken down for his $10.

The Benchmade name is also strongly tied to balisongs. Democrat governments would gladly have a field day fear mongering over a company that produces those very scary balis.

Man, I’m a gun guy too. No question, but when it comes to donations and politics... well, I’m clearly way too undereducated to understand it all. I mean before the President became a God Fearing gun lover, he donated to Democrat’s and even to the Clinton foundation! https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...nald-trump-donated-100000-clinton-foundation/ He even espoused single payer health care...

As Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble says, you buy the person most likely to win I guess. But I totally respect your decision. For real. All said and done, just so long as you don’t start buying Chinese, I’m good. Bah who am I fooling. Buy what you like - freedom! I’m pretty excited about this one... in spite of the fact that I just got a Lionsteel S-22!

Same knife different colors. Want to get my attention? Offer it with G10 scales or a different steel. And don't go overboard ie. Gold Class silliness.

Then why not stay neutral and not donate anything to the gun grabbers? Companies shouldn't take political stances.

Benchmade isn’t donating to “gun grabbers”, they’re donating to politicians whose tax and trade policies benefit Benchmade.

I had to work REALLY HARD not to make a snide politics joke just now. I’ll just say it in my head and imagine the unnecessarily vitriolic back-and-forth.

Benchmade isn’t donating to “gun grabbers”, they’re donating to politicians whose tax and trade policies benefit Benchmade.

I had to work REALLY HARD not to make a snide politics joke just now. I’ll just say it in my head and imagine the unnecessarily vitriolic back-and-forth.

Donating to politicians who's policies take guns away is the EXACT same thing.. I had to work really hard not to make the same snide remarks back if you don't see that..

Same knife different colors. Want to get my attention? Offer it with G10 scales or a different steel. And don't go overboard ie. Gold Class silliness.

An all-G10 handle with Ti hardware and a LC200N blade would actually make it a knife that fit the name.

Just gotta hope the spring doesn’t break, because needing to send your knife out for replacement parts is pretty inconvenient in most conceivable SHTF scenarios.

What I’m saying is that the bugout should have been a rustproof fixed blade.

Donating to politicians who's policies take guns away is the EXACT same thing.. I had to work really hard not to make the same snide remarks back if you don't see that..

Man, I remember when Barack HUSSEIN (a lot of people forget his middle name but it’s important) Obama came to my house and took all my guns. Now it just happens every day - you have to hand your guns directly to illegal immigrants as they take your job. Shame how things turned out.

My Bugout is my favorite office EDC I own although slowly being kicked out by the LW Para 3.

Unfortunately, BHQ and Benchmade really failed on this one IMO.

It needs M4.

Spyderco knows how to do a BHQ DLC M4 exclusive. ;)

Back