Black clip for Gunting

IMHO - The decision to make the Gunting clip shiny was a bad one - - the gunting sticks out as it is -and without a black clip it is nearly impossible to tuck it IWB without getting noticed immediately.

For that reason I had one of the forum members color the clip in black - and this is another opportunity to thank Clayton for his friendly help!

My gunting (#765 if that's what the number above the hole means) came with a black clip. I've had lots of knives with shiny clips, and I've got to say I like the black clip a lot more (especially with a clip the size of the guntings). I hope that spyderco can help you out and get you one.
-- Rob

personally upon seeing it I hate the way the black clips look..especially on the DRONE..
I thought I might like it but I don't..
Frank as bead blasted clipos that are a dull grey color..I like those and the plain old steel best..
the black looks cheap..(and the knife cheaper) even though they are very expensive clips..

sooooo IMHO I put in my official vote to rid of black clips,,which by the way stand out as much as shiny clips on non dark clothing..

Bram, I'm with you. I like to take my shiny clip and glass bead it to a nice satin finish. I wear khakis alot and a black clip sticks out like a sore thumb. I was thinking of getting a black clip but I just don't like them as good. Now, I have several Militarys and I do have a couple with black clips but I only carry them on covert missions when I'm wearing my camo
wink.gif

michael
biggrin.gif

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

Usual Suspect
Its an Emerson thing. You wouldn't understand.

My Emerson collection:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1526731&a=12341786

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BRAM:
personally upon seeing it I hate the way the black clips look..which by the way stand out as much as shiny clips on non dark clothing..</font>

My God Bram - don't you know anything?!

If you were to wear Dark suits all year long like the rest of us lawyers...you'd understand the clip HAS to be black...

But what do you care?

Do you want the customers to be happy, to carry their Guntings everywhere - WEARING THEIR DARK PANTS - NO - you just want to look cool...

As Woody said to Wesley Snipes in "White Men Can't Jump" - you'd rather look good first and win second..

I was expecting more of you...

On second thoughts, you’ll get your chance to kick my A$$ big time in the coming seminar...so I guess maybe the shiny clip is the way to go...

Nice Bram, good Bram...

I just thought of another tactical advantage of the gunting!!! Perhaps at high noon in bright sunshine you could blind the Bad Guy's with the shiny clip? Or maybe people will be so distracted by the shiny clip you would have time to get away or get them first?
smile.gif

I received my black clips for my Military and Gunting from SFO today.

Just as we've talked about, the black clips don't look as good as the stainless clips. There's also no doubt, however, that the black clips hide the knife (or at leaste the clip) much better with most clothing...especially the Gunting.

Perhaps a bead blasted finish would be a good compromise?

Overall, I'm a happy camper.

------------------
Be polite and professional...but have a plan to kill anyone you meet.

I also personally have bead blasted clips..satin or battleship grey..

I like them alot..SKUNKWORKS does it for me..

oh well so much for those black thingies!

Back