blackbird specs / opinions

What are its specs, why was it discontinued, does anyone out there love/hate this particular knife? I'm a fairly late addition to Ernie's fan club, and am trying to learn more about these older and discontinued models. So if anyone feels like giving a history lesson...

Don't know why Mr. Emerson discontinued them as they are my favourite of the production models. Personally, profile wise, I think it's as close to a production CQC6 as is available. You can find them for sale both new and used from time to time, but they are indeed relatively rare. I have two - one of which is my EDC. If you can score one, Emerson did recently make a larger version of the Blackbird - in the reborn "Super Raven". Only difference other than the bigger size is the addition of the wave feature...

hsld.

i dont know, the b-bird looks nothing like a '6 to me.........

its also never been a big fav of mine, not that theres anything wrong with it, i just dont like the looks of it like i do a lot of other EKI's.

dont care for the raven either & a lotta folks say it looks like a '6, again not to me..

imho there are a lot of early ones i prefer, like the P-tac or SOCFK.

imho they were disco'd for the same reason everything gets disco'd, they didnt sell well.

Back