Blackpowder Rendezvous

By chance do any of you fine Axe and Tomahawk blacksmiths go to any of the Blackpowder Rendezvous to sell your wears. We have one coming up June 18-21 in Prairie du Chien Wi. I've been lurking here for some time and I'd be more incline to purchase from someone here that I've listened to for a while and trust than somone selling there that I don't even know if they heat treat thier heads or have it done the right way by someone. In a nut shell I don't want to get screwed.

By chance do any of you fine Axe and Tomahawk blacksmiths go to any of the Blackpowder Rendezvous to sell your wears. We have one coming up June 18-21 in Prairie du Chien Wi. I've been lurking here for some time and I'd be more incline to purchase from someone here that I've listened to for a while and trust than somone selling there that I don't even know if they heat treat thier heads or have it done the right way by someone. In a nut shell I don't want to get screwed.

What style and price range you interested in Pilgrim-Wall Hanger or Working Hawk,just went to Fort DeCharte this past weekend (in-gog-neato)just to heckle a buddy of mine.I phsyically abuse every Hawk i forge on purpose to try and destroy it.:thumbup:

I'm trying to stay as authentic (1800's or earlier) as possible with the idea of using it at our clubs monthly blackpowder shoot. The only reference I have at this time is the catalog from Track of the Wolf. While I understand heating treating and such as related to knifes I won't know if the blacksmith at this rendezvous is handing me a line about how he heat treats or if he just bought it in pieces and put it together himself. That I could do on my own. As I said I lurked here and have seen positve and not so positive transactions on buying. I feel more comfy with some of the blacksmiths on this sub forum. The guy selling at the rendezvous I won't know. I can honestly tell you I don't know the diff between a axe head fashion from a ball pein hammer head or someone that may fold the metal over etc. Or what is solid handle and how long it should be?

I'm trying to stay as authentic (1800's or earlier) as possible with the idea of using it at our clubs monthly blackpowder shoot. The only reference I have at this time is the catalog from Track of the Wolf. While I understand heating treating and such as related to knifes I won't know if the blacksmith at this rendezvous is handing me a line about how he heat treats or if he just bought it in pieces and put it together himself. That I could do on my own. As I said I lurked here and have seen positve and not so positive transactions on buying. I feel more comfy with some of the blacksmiths on this sub forum. The guy selling at the rendezvous I won't know. I can honestly tell you I don't know the diff between a axe head fashion from a ball pein hammer head or someone that may fold the metal over etc. Or what is solid handle and how long it should be?
If you by one at the Rondy ask the Smithy if you can throw it before you buy it,if he get's offensive and beligerant,tell him to keep it and walk away,shoot me an e-mail,got some photo's for you to look at,my addy is right below

You would be making the right decision getting one from Steve here. These are tuff as nails and I am sure he can make what you want.

Sincerely,

One Satisfied Customer of Coal Creek Forge

Back