BlackSwift Walking Stick

I decided to order one these from here http://www.blackswiftsticks.com and since I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion on them I decided to throw up some pics for your viewing pleasure.

The model I have is The Raven.

xgd5x1.jpg

As you can see I opted for the wooden top.

33tm9f4.jpg

169rsee.jpg

A pop can for size comparison.

1qodaq.jpg

The out of the box end is pretty slippery on most surfaces so I decided to put a rubber tip on it.

If I were to compare it to my Blackthorn from CS it's a lot more practical and doesn't really look out of place in most public settings.

Interesting.

Have you got it yet or are those photo's from a source? I'm curious to see if you have first hand impressions yet, as it looks light to me. Much lighter than I am used to with my wood walking sticks. On the other hand, if it is light like rattan and has the higher velocity in strikes, it may make a decent defense stick. I like root ball type of walking sticks, and this one looks very well finished. Makes my rustic sticks look country bumpkin by comparison. You may need to do a report on it when you get it, and let us know how it does. I like to hang up raw chickens or spare rib slabs the store dumps when past date, to see how it does breaking small bones like in hands and wrists. Sometimes the lighter sticks that swing very fast are surprising.

Here's a lighter than normal stick I made form a hornbeam sapling, and it swings very fast. Much easier to wield quick than some of my heavier downtown sticks.
9333120419_cd6e6346ac_c.jpg

I took the pictures myself since I already have it. I am pretty pleased with it so far. I probably wouldn't try smashing it against cinder blocks like some people do with other sticks.

There is a youtube video up of someone hitting one of those punching stands.

http://youtu.be/SNQwYQg8nLw

Nice sticks, guys. :)

I've got a Bubba Stick (not my pic, borrowed from the 'net):

316takJD47L_SY450_.jpg

Love it. Very comfy in the hand, sturdy, with a loop to wrap around wrist. I've got my eye on a Blackthorn, but really want to handle it before buying and no one around here has one. Would have to order by mail, so I'll wait until the next time I go to a city of some size where I can check one out in person.

Maddin - I've been looking at these for a while. I'm thinking about the Blackswift instead of the Raven. It is carbon fiber and half the weight of the Raven (4.5oz). While the Raven would be better for S.D., I'm thinking that I'd be more inclined to carry the Blackswift because of its feather weight.

I may pull the trigger on one of these soon...

TedP

Hmm not a bad idea. The Raven is pretty light as well but if you are carrying it around for a good length of time the Blackswift would be the way to go. Let me know how you like it if you decide to get one.

Hey, Maddin, nice post and there are really little posts about the Raven.
I just got Raven and like it very much.
PS. could you tell me where you get the rubber tips?
Thanks.

Sean

Hi!

Just got my raven and wanted to ask where you purchased the rubber tip and what size you bought.

Thanx,
Kenm

Nice sticks, guys. :)

I've got a Bubba Stick (not my pic, borrowed from the 'net):

316takJD47L_SY450_.jpg

Love it. Very comfy in the hand, sturdy, with a loop to wrap around wrist. I've got my eye on a Blackthorn, but really want to handle it before buying and no one around here has one. Would have to order by mail, so I'll wait until the next time I go to a city of some size where I can check one out in person.

My father in-law had a Bubba Stick. My mother in-law gave it to me shortly after he died.

For light weight but strength, I prefer bamboo. LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT.

Back