1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Blackwood Hunter For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Kyle Royer, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kyle Royer

Kyle Royer

Dec 6, 2006
    My name is Kyle Royer, I am 17 Years old. I've been making knives for three years, but mostly after attending the Bill Moran School of Bladesmithing last April. I will be going for my Journeyman Smith ranking next year at the 2009 Blade Show.

I forged this hunter out of 5160, the blade is 5 7/8 inches long and the over all length is 11 inches.
    The handle is made out of African Blackwood.
    The guard and pin are made out of German Silver
    I am selling this knife for $300.00
    I can also make a nice Pouch or Snap sheath for about $50.00

Blackwood Droppoint.jpg

2. Dannyboy Leather

Dannyboy Leather

Nov 7, 2004
    Welcome, Kyle! I actually had to run over to your website and have a look to see if you were for real. :D I have been around custom knives most of my life; very, very rarely have I seen a man as young as you, produce such impressive knives. Beautiful work! I look forward to seeing much more of your talented work in the future. :thumbup:

3. stabber

stabber

Dec 6, 2004
    Another Beauty Kyle!

Very nice bowies on your site:thumbup:

4. bennett

bennett

Sep 22, 2005
    Your work is unbelievable, man! For what it's worth, you have my deepest respect:thumbup:

5. averageguy

averageguy Banned BANNED

Jun 10, 1999
    Your commitment and talent is a model for other teens (and adults as well). I've been railing about the state of our youth recently but you remind me there is still a lot of good out there.

6. bcornelis

bcornelis

Jan 4, 2007
    Great looking work Kyle. I will probably be purchasing one of your knives in the near future as by the time you are twenty you will likely have a two year waiting list!

7. IBSAcres

IBSAcres

Feb 12, 2005
    Good thing I am talking with him now about a knife :thumbup:

Doug

8. BURNSY56

BURNSY56

Dec 13, 2003
    Beautiful work:thumbup:
    You are definately one to watch sir:D

9. Kyle Royer

Kyle Royer

Dec 6, 2006
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments VERY much!

Kyle Royer

10. Kyle Royer

Kyle Royer

Dec 6, 2006
    Thanks for looking this knife is now sold.