Blade angles

I am assuming when people talk degrees they mean dps? degrees per side?

I think everyone just assumes dps, but some people mean inclusive. When I say angle it is always dps

Did my ASH-2 at 20 degrees, probably a bit much and would probably go back to 25 if i could. BUT 20 degrees will cut like a Sum-Bitch, just ask the ER Doctor who glued me back together!

Ash-2’s are awesome. That’s a good angle for a smaller knife (or a medium sized knife like an ash-2) that won’t take a ton of abuse, but not for a chopper. At least in my experience.

Ash-2’s are awesome. That’s a good angle for a smaller knife (or a medium sized knife like an ash-2) that won’t take a ton of abuse, but not for a chopper. At least in my experience.

Yeah, I tend to try not abuse my tools. I can see it happening, but I try not to.

Yeah, I tend to try not abuse my tools. I can see it happening, but I try not to.

I should actually specify that when I say abuse I don't mean using my knives to chop concrete or cars or anything like that; what I really mean is swinging them hard at wood. I have some pretty hard wood on my land in WV, and and anything much over the 19 dps mark tends to pick up edge damage. This is of course more of an issue with larger knives that I can swing harder.

Fully understood, did not man to imply you spent your days chopping cars in half! Have a great day!

Back