Blade Centering - UT

I ran a search and didn't find anything posted. Does anyone have experience centering a blade on an Urban Trapper?

Since my previous rant, I have been occasionally sitting here flipping it open and closed, I can't say it not smooth with nice positive detent and lock. The blade all but rides on the solid side of the liner, though up at the pivot it looks centered.

I have had luck looking for and finding instruction on centering Benchmades, and managed to correct the one of mine that was not centered without losing any ease of opening - any suggestions other than sending it back to the manufacturer? They won't take it back since it has been disassembled and made mechanically right-ish.

I didn't see anything specific about blade centering, but there are several videos on Youtube about disassembling and maintaining the UT. Nick Shabazz has a couple, and there is at least one "non-Nick" disassembly video. You can often pick up some helpful tips about centering, lockup, etc just by watching the d/a vids.

My only other suggestion would be to send it to Josh at REK specifically for blade centering. He once did a great job centering a Hinderer that I couldn't get right, and I'm pretty good at getting my blades centered.

Back