Blade centering

I've got a new in the box (second owner) sprint pm2 that the blade was slightly off center. I've still not carried it but noticed the off center is off more after I've played with it. Maybe it's lose somewhere. Will Spyderco fix the problem since I'm second owner? Or do i chance taking it apart to see what's going on? I heard if i loosen one screw voids the warranty. Any advise? Thanks

Oh and which way is the preferred direction of the clip. I have knives different ways. Knife point up would possibly cut my hand. Point down could be worse if knife comes partially open

You may have a pivot screw loose. If it’s not rubbing and it’s a user, I wouldn’t worry about it. That’s just me . Opinions may vary. I know the majority of folks carry theirs tip up. I prefer tip down. It’s really a matter of what you like. I’ve been caring a PM 2 for about 10 years this way. I ride a mountain bike and I run. I’ve never had an issue while caring it as far as opening goes.

I've had one knife off center. I used it to pry off some trim on a cabinet. Hasn't been off center since.

As far as the clip position, that's your call.
I prefer tip up.
I haven't had a issue getting stabbed.
Some people worry about those things, I'm not one of them.

I have a P'kal that I bought slightly off center. Hasn't moved in ~8 years. Don't worry about it :)

Back