Blade Discussion Forum

I can't access the Blade Discussion Forum. Is it just me or is there a problem with it.

Axel

Me too.
Actually, I can access it but all the posts are gone.
When I post to the group, my posts disappear.
Geez.....hope all that collected wisdom is not lost forever.

------------------
Brian W E
ICQ #21525343

I'm not quite sure what happened, but it's fixed now, and I do have more information to go on.

As I said previously, I'm beginning to think that BladeForums.com is going to need it's own server, and quite frankly, I'm not sure how we can go about doing that.

If you guys have any suggestions for how we can get one, I'm all ears. Remember, we are a not for profit organization, so we don't have a cash flow big enough to just go right out and buy one.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Just thinkin' out loud here, but...benefit raffle? Score some nice bit 'o steel, $5 a ticket mebbe, we'd soon have...dunno.

One question, how fast is the link into Mike's offices? T1? If so, all you need is a good potent clone rig, and hardware's pretty cheap. If you need to upgrade the link you're into a whole 'nuther level...

Jim March

Mike has a cable modem at home, but all we have at work is 56k lines, too slow.

So, either way, we'd have to co-locate the server at an ISP because a T1-3 line is too expensive for us to own ourselves.

Anyhow, we'd need at least $5K and probably more for the server... I'd like to raise ultimately around $10K for better software and such for more features here.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Back