Blade HQ DLC M4 Yojumbo Jade G10 Exclusive

Ffffff.... First time I've been tempted to break a rule here. The only appropriate thing that comes to mind as I LOVE this pattern, have every knife but the Micro in it and even a modded Endura.

I need it. I just need it. Scales, too, for it. Special ones, have in mind. My hand is being forced.

Landed, and it is a dandy!

TmbV45Yh.jpg

BRkhT7ih.jpg

21H8vpvh.jpg

mGBLFXxh.jpg

TLv1nwch.jpg

GMhNRMph.jpg

Fl4N46Ah.jpg

The G10 is Emerson-grippy, will be a pocket shredder until broken in - I prefer them that way; easier to tame the grit than make it.

This is the first time I've ever handled a 'Jumbo, and it is sleeker and lighter than I anticipated. Not sure yet about the finger grooves, and I tend to like more neutral handles, but I'll leave it alone for now. Blade is just savage! I know that Magnacut is today's belle of the ball, but I actually appreciate the characteristics of M4 at least as well overall, and with DLC even more so than those of MC. I haven't mic'd the edge, but the hollow grind looks impressively thin to the naked eye.

All in all, I think this is a knife I could become very attached to. Love pointy wharnie's, and particularly hollow ground ones. It is big, pockets small, is light, grippy and has tough+edge-holding M4 with DLC corrosion resistance. Winner - thanks Sal, Eric et al.

cwDj1Bhh.jpg

XFgGIgnh.jpg

9oPOIXRh.jpg

Wow, rough G10! Very cool, better action than my regular one, really easy to open. Thought it was the DLC or coating but no, this one is just better.

The M4 goes well with my Cruwear Yo2. I am debating getting a second Yo2 to put some pretty scales on. But I sold my 20CV Yo2 (dumb move, before I knew Spyder supposedly has a better HT of the steel than say M390 Microtech) and like my smooth G10 too much to change it.
IMG_20231111_145702603~2.jpgIMG_20231110_202521.jpg
They should really make more wooden scales, aftermarket or otherwise.

After the initial honeymoon, how's everyone liking this Yojumbo Exclusive?

Please share when you can. Thank you. :cool: 🙏

Back