Gil Hibben - remarkable knife designer/maker
GilHibben.jpg

Jot Singh Khalsa
JotSinghKhalsa_.jpg

--
Vincent

http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/
http://UnknownVT.cjb.net/

Bob Lum has two nice-looking knives on the table in front of them. What are they?

Thanx for the pix - I'm drooling over that damascus Hendrickson bowie.

Cheers,

Roger

Great pics, thanks for sharing them. I've got to say that I'm jealous but I will be there next year.

These pictures are great. That is one fantastic looking Bowie that Jay Hendrickson is holding. The one in Dalton Holder's hand looks like it could be very nice as well.

I am the proud new owner of a Bob Lum folder. I think it is the smaller one visible on the table with the Ti handle.
I will post some photos later. Its a very nice little knife with a leaf shaped blade. Bob described it as "deceptivly simple looking, but really the product of a lot of work". It's my new EDC.

H

nice, seems like you had a lot of fun, and congrats on your new lum, i had a spyderco chinese folder and that thing was real nice

I saw D'Holder's Bowie before he left for Atlanta and it it definitely an outstanding bowie with blued damascus and an ivory handle. Unfortunately it was sold before he left, but the gentleman who bought it agreed to let D' bring it with him.

Great Job! thanks. Is anyone allowed to take photos at Blade show?

Originally posted by UltraReef
Is anyone allowed to take photos at Blade show?

As far as I know, yes.

I don't have a photo pass or anything.

The pics of the knifemakers - I have obviously asked to take.

With knives I have always asked permission out of courtesy -
and have always been welcomed.

On demonstrations I try to get up front, but be considerate and not get in the way of the audience who have been waiting patiently
(this normally means sitting on the ground and shooting from that position)

For example the shots of the knife throwing, I shot off to the side, from the correct side of the safety tape - for my own safety.

It often pays to politely ask the demonstrators before they start if it's OK to take pictures -
not only is that courteous, the demonstrator being aware of the (polite) photographer may offer better opportunities to take pictures.

Back