Blade Show 2003 Photos - Tameshigiri !

james,
you mentioned the iai tape when i was talking to you at the systema seminar you did a few months ago. any idea of the release date? and any chance of a dvd?
-clayton

Clayton,

The video is finished we are just putting in disclaimers etc. We plan to release it in both VHS and DVD. Thanks for the inquiry.

James

Gentlemen,

For those who have inquired the Nami ryu Iai jutsu DVD and Video is done and ready for sale. You can purchase it through Bugei, the cost is $39.95.

Regards,

James

hello James...i'm interested in acquiring a good samurai sword for training and cutting. which of your line of swords would be a recommendation for a beginner?

my background is Filipino MA...used to do cutting on banana trees and sugar canes...interested in learning Japanese arts.

My recommendation would be either the new Dragonfly katana or the Samurai. They are priced about the same however there are some different characteristics that you can read about on the Bugei website. I am really happy with the way the new Dragonfly turned out so take a look.

Regards,

James

yeah i like the dragonfly, but i also like the shobu zukuri, especially the blade style and handle wraps. leather, right?
are the handle wraps on the dragonfly silk or cotton? what color of saya does it come with? sorry but it didn't mention on the website.
anything i should know regarding the weight of each swords.

thanks for taking your time answering questions.

I personally prefer the Fragonfly. The saya is black the tio is brown with black same. The tsuba, designed by TEd Tennold is very nice. It is a lighter blade and folded with a nice hada.

Regards,

James

JAMES,
thats cool about the iaido dvd, i've been waiting for that for a while. i'm gonna pick it up next week
-clayton

Back