Blade Show Atlanta

I'm pretty interested in knives (I'm here, right?), but my father in law is a total knife nut, so I'm taking him to the Blade Show in Atlanta in June.

Never been. What's it like? Good deals on stuff? I'd like to pick up a KME sharpener if there's some good deals...

Blade isn't so much about "deals" if you're looking to score something cheap; it's about stuff you'll never see anywhere except in a magazine. Go, it's great. Be advised it may be your only chance to see, or maybe own, something special.

If you want to save $10 on a sharpener shop Amazon. If you want to own a Ron Lake folder without waiting 10 years take $10,000 and hope you get lucky.

Blade Show for me was getting to handle just about every knife there is on the market, opportunities to purchase direct from makers with long waiting list, & meeting makers and other knife nuts.

I wish I could go, but it's not in the cards. Maybe next year. Hopefully I'll be healthy enough for a solo trip by then.

You will resemble a one eyed dog in a meat locker. Sensory overload all the way.

Agree with the above. Blade is about seeing everything and meeting people. Deals not so much... But totally worth it.

ill prolly go, seeing the fact is only about 20 mins away from me.

Maybe next year, we can arrange some kind of meet and greet.

Look up tables you wanna go too first.
Then hit those first.
Step 1. Take a deep breath
Step 2. Enter blade show
Step 3. Embrace the insanity. Its sensory overload the first few times.
Step 4. Have fun

Check out the pit at night!!! Tons of people showing their knives and hanging out in that area of the hotel. You will undoubtedly make friends.
You might even run into me!

Mostly custom stuff in this video but will give you a feel of the show

Last edited:
I'll be the contrarian here. I've gone to a number of local shows here in the Midwest, and find them manageable but you can suffer sensory overload pretty quickly if you're not careful. And these are smaller shows. I can imagine how overwhelming the Blade show can be.

But it's not for me. I can see the benefit of meeting the other knife nuts, friends, and other forum members, and getting to handle all the latest and greatest from the various makers and vendors, but as was mentioned, you're probably not going to find any deals, or at least they'll be few and far between. That, and the mass of people you'll be confronted with, finding a place to stay and later park at the show, not to mention the crappy Atlanta traffic, I'm just not sure it's worth it. I can buy just about anything, and eventually even stuff from the show, on-line at my own leisure.

So yes I know I'm probably missing something, but then I've never been to Disney world either and somehow managed to survive. And for those who'll probably say it, if I don't like it, don't go. And I wont.

Growing up as a nerd/geek I have been to other conventions for geek related things and to me for the most part Blade Show isn't much different. Id say the main noticeable difference is people at Blade Show do seem to know what a shower and deodorant are.

I'm pretty interested in knives (I'm here, right?), but my father in law is a total knife nut, so I'm taking him to the Blade Show in Atlanta in June.

Never been. What's it like? Good deals on stuff? I'd like to pick up a KME sharpener if there's some good deals...

Last year KME ran a 20% off sale, which I'm hoping will be the case again this year. I'd like to pick a set up as well. However, the biggest draw of Blade Show isn't discounts or sales, but, it's the chance to snag a piece from your favorite custom makers whose books are closed and very hard to get on along with meeting makers and other enthusiasts. It's also great to be able to handle so many different styles and types of knives. This will be my third year there, and I'm very much looking forward to it. It's become an annual trip my dad and I make, which also makes it special. As others have said, the first time will very much give you sensory overload. If you're staying overnight, try to get a room within walking distance.

Definitely go over the exhibitor list and map. If there's something specific you want, make sure you head there first to snag it ASAP.

Back