Blade Show was great!

I was able to spend a few hours last Saturday walking around the Blade Show. I had a nice conversation with David Bloch about all of the new models coming out. Not only was he willing to spend time going over the new models he even gave me a peek at his own custom that Kit Carson made for him.
biggrin.gif

He had a prototype of the new Paragee next to an original from Darrel Ralph. Both were incredible knives and I have to say I'm anxious to get my hands on a production Paragee (Sorry Darrel, the real thing is out of my league
frown.gif
) when they hit the dealers.

David, it's always impressive when the president of a knife company is willing to get out and mingle and I thank you for spending the time with me. I look forward to seeing you next June!

Jon

PS - Even picked up a new serrated Impulse, this time without the black coating. What a knife!!!

[This message has been edited by Ghecko (edited 06-05-2000).]

I have to agree about David being an owner that is interested in doing what works. I had a nice conversation with him and saw all the new models and also some concepts. Lot's of interesting stuff will be coming from this company, huh Dave
wink.gif

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

To Ghecko & Jailhack:

I also had a great time at the Blade Show and enjoyed spending time with both of you.

Also thanks Jailhack for all your comments and insight on our new models. This gave me some good food for thought.

The Parogee is a sweety.This knife will be hot when it hits the market.All it needs is good advertisement.I loved the proto and will be sure to buy one.I have more comments but they are all on Darrells post about the blade show.

No one has mentioned the proto for the small Impulse.A lot of interest was shown for this little guy at Darrells table during the show and its sure to be a popular one as well.But the parogee is tits.I great knife !I can't wait to add it to my collection.David,you did a great job on this one.Keep up the good work.

I'm all over the small Impulse! The Impulse now sits in my production folder Top Three List. A smaller plain edge to compliment my regular sized toothy model will just be the "bugs nuts" as the saying goes.
biggrin.gif

As David (or James?) mentioned, the prototype of the Paragee was a little tough to open. Assuming they work that little bug out I think this could be the first commercial frame-locker I'll buy. After owning a few Sebenzas none of the factory built frame lockers have seemed up to snuff. I think OE/Edge Tech will be able pull this one off - I know it's at the top of my list of gotta-have's.

Jon

David and I went over the paragee over the last few days and all the ticks are in order.
The thumber was moved out some and serations added to the rear for the reverse grip. More thumb engagement for the lock to unlock was added also. I was impressed with the lock up on this knife . It was dead solid...also redesigned the thumber to have a flat and serrations on the top to create more thumb engagement to open it.

I saw Daves damascus Carson also. NICE .. Kit is the man!
Its a good one!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 06-10-2000).]

Any intel on when the baby Impulse will be shipping? How about the MSRP? It will surely be a "must have"!

------------------
AKTI Member #A000934
"Always just one knife short of perfection!"

We are expecting to recieve the 3" Impulse in 30-45 days. MSRP is $49.50 in bead black gray finish and $54.90 with black Teflon coating.

Thank you for your interest.

Back