Blade Show west in California

JTknives

Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I’m sorry but their choice to move blade show west from Portland to California is a horrid idea. In this crazy time thy decide to go to the worst state for lockdowns in the USA on this side of the map. I ask that anyone that’s not ok with this to email them and tell them how you feel. We will not be attending any shows in California and won’t be as long as thy stay there. I recommended to them Utah as it has an amazing convention center and good public transportation as well as tons of places to stay. Easy to navigate streets As well as a clean city (salt lake) and very pro constitution. I am very sad to see them make this choice.

Last edited:
WTF?

California has had great knife shows here for decades. The Costa Mesa Show is fantastic, Pasadena was great and stopped only a couple years ago and the Brea Show is getting better every year.

California is a knife friendly state. You can carry a sword if you wanted as long as it is visible. No switch blades or Balisongs, other then that it is pretty much carry what you want.

I was in Portland not long ago and it was a sea of homeless people using the sidewalks as toilet everywhere you turned.

It looks like they are having Blade Show West at the Long Beach Convention Center. That is an awesome location and well known for hosting huge hunting, fishing and boating shows there.

Last edited:
Thy responded to me and said thy looked at Utah but no open dates in the window thy wanted as well as other states where full as well. Funny how California was the only place that had openings.

yes Portland was not a good choice in my opinion either. But I don’t see California as being any better. But this is not a political post and I don’t want to to be. I just wanted to let people know incase thy wanted to contact blade and let them know their feelings.

Last edited:
But this is not a political post and I don’t want to to be.

Well obviously you do otherwise you would not have made such a rant.

California historically has been great for Knife shows, gun shows, fishing shows, hunting etc.

BladeShow West probably will expand immensely at Long Beach.

It is not "Funny" they had openings in CA. There are many large convention centers and they run events all year long, that is what they do.

MPETmdA.jpg

Maybe a few other reasons for the change? Shell beach about an hour ago....have a knife day.
James

Jarrod. If thats your view of California and youre so vocal about this cesspool then you wont be getting my business.

Im reading the Bladesmith area postings to get away from the divisive politics and not support those that feed it.

Meanwhile I carry my 6inch folder in California with no issue.

Meanwhile I carry my 6inch folder in California with no issue.

Absolutely, Ole Matt Freeman would carry an 11" fighter on his side everyday, everywhere he went and was totally legal. You try that in Washington state and you are going to jail, hell they consider a paring knife as a dangerous weapon.

California is great for knife people and Blade Show West will do great and bring in huge crowds in Long Beach.

I look forward to attending.

"Pro constitution"? Can someone translate for the non-American? I don't see how state be for or against a legal document to which it's a signatory

Absolutely, Ole Matt Freeman would carry an 11" fighter on his side everyday, everywhere he went and was totally legal. You try that in Washington state and you are going to jail, hell they consider a paring knife as a dangerous weapon.

California is great for knife people and Blade Show West will do great and bring in huge crowds in Long Beach.

I look forward to attending.

Matt was very fond of carrying big knives.

still_operator_as_fuck____by_cmftwknives_dadcfa8-fullview.jpg

I have tons of customers and people I absolutely love from California. I just don’t care much for that states policies and laws. My parents are from there originally.

Removed any political stuff. Was not wanting this to be one of those posts as I’m sick and tired of everything being turned into it everywhere I look.

Removed any political stuff. Was not wanting this to be one of those posts as I’m sick and tired of everything being turned into it everywhere I look.

Yep, that was pretty bad for you to do that here

So good news, thanks to editing and california customers, we are no longer a cesspool. I will cancel the movers.
James

I've wanted to go to a bladeshow since I started making knives in 2018. No money and the pandemic = no bladeshow for me :rolleyes:

Back