shappa/tom
Dan koster and Wife
Bamboo/ken
fiddleback/andy and guest
Aziz/Ron
Voodoo
45/70
Spectre/ John and Jordy...woohoo!!

reservations updated to 11 people at 7:00 fogo's Sat!!

Still waiting to hear from everybody that's getting a VIP pass from me.

Thanks!

Dan

Jordy and I will be at Deepak Chopra's booth. Treat her gently- she's still pretty new to the whole knife thing.

I am hitting the road!

Wahoo! :eek: :D :p

See you all there.

VIP passes will be at the Will Call booth at Blade.

Shappa & Azis have my phone number if anybody has any questions. (check your email guys).

Wish me luck and safety on the road! :thumbup:

Good luck Dan!!!

Aziz, pm me your phone number if you don't mind. Shappa, you too.

Hey John, where is Deepak's booth?? I don't see him on the list.

LOL!!! :D :p

Guys - I'm here! Safe-n-sound.

Can't wait!

Tomorrow won't come soon enough!

:thumbup:

At Blade Show today I saw Dan, Bamboo, and John Shirley (And his new wife). Just an update. It was awesome!

I just got back in myself. It was a great show if you ask me.

Got to see a lot of forumites - Fiddleback, Azis, Dan, Dan's wife Wendy, and new baby (how do you spell his name Dan?), Shappa, 45/70, Spectre, Jordy. Apparently there was a Bill Marsh sighting as well, which is always good. Great knives and excellent workshops too.

Did anyone else make it out for the Cutting Competition? It was good, but I think has been better in past years. But, given that it was looking like it may not have happened at all, I am really glad that it did. And looks like it is now being sponsored by Blade magazine.

James Williams sword demonstration was fantastic! This was the third time I've seen him, and he's always excellent. But this year he was really on, and was cutting tatami with two swords, katana and wakizashi, which he's never shown before. He also did a few scenarios with multiple attackers too.

I have to say that sunday afternoon comes too fast at this show.

It was great seeing all of you guys again, and a few for the first time. I'd highly encourage everyone to try and make it next year.

Can we go to Fogo's again too? I think it's worth $80. Best meal I've had all year.

~ Bamboo ~

Just a couple of good quotes I heard:

Joseph Szilaski talking about pipe tomahawks...

"Smoke in peace..."

(pause)

"...and if you have to, hit him over the head."

(pause)

"Rest in peace."

"Either way, peace all around."

:D

And the other was Ed Fowler, who makes great field knives.

"I'm happy to use whatever my customer wants for a handle material."

"As long as it comes from a sheep's head."

(he only uses sheep horn)

Just got back! updates to follow...

Yeah....how 'bout some pics! :D :eek: :p

I mailed my knives back to myself, so I'll post pics once they're here. Should be the end of this week.

I only bought two Arno Bernard knives. My budget this year was very limited, so the bulk of the money went towards getting there and steak.

But Arno treated me well (I bought one of his knives last year and it became my edc and still is), and on sunday gave me a great deal on a small utility that will be a gift for a friend.

Am I correct in saying that T1mpani was also there? I think we met briefly at Dan's table?

~ Ken

Sorry I missed it. I lost my dog- had to put my lab down unexpectedly that weekend. I was pretty depressed about it and ended up staying around the house. But, I'm glad that y'all had some fun.

I'm very sorry to hear that L.R.
I kept hopeing you'd make it to the dinner.

Later tonight I'll try to get some of the pics up.
We had a lot of fun at the dinner....and no one got hurt.lol
The pics should explain..:D

I'm sorry to hear that LR. Loosing a dog is hard.

Blade was awesome. I brought my buddy Darren, and he couldn't stop going on about it. You guys were awesome. He is a photog, and his camera was busy. Photos as I getem.

Did we get pics of Dan with that huge bullwhip??? That was classic!

Back