Blade Show: Why is it always Atlanta?

Yo Mama

Gold Member
Blade Show, why is it only ever in Atlanta? It would be nice to have a different location each year. Maybe more of us that are limited in our ability to travel would get to go?

Blade Show, why is it only ever in Atlanta? It would be nice to have a different location each year. Maybe more of us that are limited in our ability to travel would get to go?
Atlanta is very convenient. It's the busiest airport on the planet with the most non stop access both nationally and Internationally.
I and many other International collectors, makers, manufacturers visit Blade regularly from places like South Africa, Australia, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, China and many many more. (unfortunately due to the obvious, not this year)
If we can make the trip from the other side of the planet getting to Atlanta from inside the US is really no big deal.

Because Atlanta is easy to travel to from practically anywhere, has a great convention center that is reasonable to rent, and has a geographical location that most of the eastern seaboard of the U.S. can travel to in a days travel?

Yeah, that's pretty desirable. It's not complicated.

That is a great idea! You should also boycott Blade Show West until they move it to the east coast!
😝😝😝
Just to clear I was being sarcastic. Don’t take me very seriously.

Last edited:
I know there are other shows, but not the big one where everybody releases all of the new and exciting stuff for the following year.

Well, another year watching the youtube video recaps.....

Atlanta is very convenient. It's the busiest airport on the planet with the most non stop access both nationally and Internationally.
I and many other International collectors, makers, manufacturers visit Blade regularly from places like South Africa, Australia, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, China and many many more. (unfortunately due to the obvious, not this year)
If we can make the trip from the other side of the planet getting to Atlanta from inside the US is really no big deal.

Yep, this was specifically mentioned when they were setting it up years ago. It used to be held in Tennessee for many years because Blade Magazine was centered there, plus many of big players in the knife industry and their friends.

Also with Atlanta, they've been dealing with the Cobb Galleria Center, and local businesses for decades now, so it's an easy set up for them.

I would think that I would prefer west over Atlanta, sounds like a little more laid back

It's hard to imagine that the Blade Show in ATL could be more laid back than it is. You're clearly speaking as someone that has never attended it.

It just works. They used to have it in Knoxville TN, been in ATL for awhile. International airport, plenty of hotels and the Galleria can accommodate the show and classes. Makers come from all over the world. And plenty of buyers show up also.

Are we forgetting all the traffic/parking issues associated with Atlanta? Ease of access- definitely not.

It's hard to imagine that the Blade Show in ATL could be more laid back than it is. You're clearly speaking as someone that has never attended it.
i really just down to personal preference, I don’t like Atlanta as a city, but Los Angeles has its own problems, like
it being a hobo heaven, the homeless problem is unbarbable , and drugs and crime

I imagine if they found any problems with Atlanta they would move it, but constantly moving it would be a gamble and a nightmare to do. Atlanta is fairly centrally located for the east coast and I am guessing the flight costs in are fairly modest, being a major hub.

I guess we can all agree that Blade and Blade West should join and have the show in DFW…

Are we forgetting all the traffic/parking issues associated with Atlanta? Ease of access- definitely not.
Every major metropolitan area is a PITA to get through, though. It's the irony of big cities.

Personally, while I dread driving through Atlanta, it is one of the few big cities I dont mind too much in terms of traversing. I like it way more than Chicago with all its crazy dive-offs and toll roads.

I have never been to Blade, but I thinking about checking it out in 2022. I'm only about a 9-10 hour drive with Knoxville being the worst town I need to get through in terms of traffic since I bypass Nashville most of the time, so I can handle Atlanta by the time I get there.

My plan would be to get to the hotel and call an Uber/Lyft. I'm only messing with that freeway once.

Back