Blade Show

So is there anything specific anyone would like to see me make for Blade Show? Looking for ideas folks.

San mai Guytos.

I can't help it, but I love em. However Im not going as I live on the other side of the planet.
I always reach out for a sanmai in my home. Preferly 52100 core, like your friend Bill :)

That may have to wait, I plan on going out to Idaho City this fall to work on some san mai with him.
San mai Guytos.

I can't help it, but I love em. However Im not going as I live on the other side of the planet.
I always reach out for a sanmai in my home. Preferly 52100 core, like your friend Bill :)

I would say something in SM100 or N680. Rust-proof knives for the abusive user:D.

Fair enough, I had a distinct impression of a soulless shark when my stainless blades bite me o.o

I agree with Noctis3880. Soul is for art knives, stainless (S35VN) is for users.
Tim

Sorry, did not want to start a pissing match about stainless versus, carbon. In my experience carbon blades hold an edge longer and are easier to sharpen. With that said I own and use a lot of stainless blades but if I had to be limited to one steel for everything it would be carbon (52100).

I agree with Noctis3880. Soul is for art knives, stainless (S35VN) is for users.
Tim
I have nothing against carbon, it's just that I live in Hawaii, which isn't carbon-friendly to begin with. Besides which, if I were to buy one for a friend or relative who isn't a knife person, they typically wouldn't make a habit of wiping their knives dry even if I tell them to.

Hey, Eric, I'm looking forward to seeing your kitchen knives. Straight 52100 is my preference, and I know you've got Bill influence in your HT there.

Reede, if all goes well I should have a santoku a couple of Gyoto's and one utility in 52100. Right now I am working on the Damascus knives.

Hey, Eric,
I didn't mean to start a pissing match either. I live in Washington, not too far from the coast, so Stainless is always the metal of choice for me.
Tim

Back