Photos Blade swap; K390 with blacked-out GITD Zome

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
Some months ago, I swapped the blades and hardware from a couple of my Enduras.

The blacked-out, VG-10 blade and hardware from the GITD Zome went into the dark teal handle of the K390, and vice versa.

I did a forced mustard patina on the K390 blade, which turned out nice and colorful, a good match to the GITD Zome handle. The blacked out blade and hardware looks pretty sweet in the K390 dark teal handle.

Anyway, enough chatter. Pics! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

A few showing the patina on the K390 with the light hitting it differently.

IMG_7275.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

The whole knife.

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7279.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

A quick shot of the GITD doing its thing... šŸ˜Æ

IMG_7282.jpg

Nice. I ordered a K390 Endura. It traveled about 4600 miles from the east coast all the way to the local post office which is about 1000 yards from my house.

It was then promptly returned to sender since it did not have the PO Box in the address. I wonder why the USPS does not just stop it from leaving in the first place.

Anywho, I have not ordered a replacement, but I'm thinking I should. I hear a lot of good things about that steel.

Nice. I ordered a K390 Endura. It traveled about 4600 miles from the east coast all the way to the local post office which is about 1000 yards from my house.

It was then promptly returned to sender since it did not have the PO Box in the address. I wonder why the USPS does not just stop it from leaving in the first place.

Anywho, I have not ordered a replacement, but I'm thinking I should. I hear a lot of good things about that steel.
That's a bummer (I take it you're in Hawaii?). Unfortunately, a lot of that is on your local PO, they should have at least looked you up (yes, they can do that).

It's a pretty awesome steel! I have a Ladybug in it too, but haven't used it too much (so small). My K390 PM2 gets carried quite a bit. I'm glad to see Spyderco making K390 available to the masses, and doing it in production knives vs. sprints. :cool:

Now that I've a GITD doing it's thing: I want one!

Just got a K390 Endura myself... Can't wait to put it to some good use. Wonder if Spyderco will put K390 in the native chief or shaman... Wouldn't mind either of those!

Those turned out awesome!

I too am very impressed with K390 and have two PM2s in that steel. As I don't have much experience in the Seki models, I typically stick with the Golden models. Last week, I ordered a Zome Green Delica 4 in VG10 for my grandson's birthday and liked it so much, I ordered another Zome Delica 4 VG10 and a K390 Delica 4 to do a blade swap such as this. Not sure the patina route I will take, but will definitely force one once I get them apart.

Thanks for the good pictures and description!

Back