Bladeforums BEST BOWIE - 2009 Edition

Although Don Hanson in an all around favorite maker/person, I would love to see this go to Kyle Royer. He deserves it for being so motivated and talented at a young age and creating fantastic work. This particular knife is just.... crazy!

I am also floored by Bruce Bumps bowie.

Last edited:
I would suggest that each maker should have only one knife in the final voting. I think it is a little rough on Larry Fuegen to be competing against himself.

Bruce Bump: Congratulations.

Did anyone take a portfolio shot of that notable knife? It's already a leg down, comparatively. I'd just like to see a level playing field.

(I have NO time for this. Just sayin.)

Coop

Bruce Bump: Congratulations.

Did anyone take a portfolio shot of that notable knife? It's already a leg down, comparatively. I'd just like to see a level playing field.

(I have NO time for this. Just sayin.)

Coop

Jim, I took that picture myself out on my concrete sidewalk. :) I should have sent it to ya.
Thanks guys for ranking me in with these great makers. This has been enjoyable to say the least.

Thanks guys.

You may proceed to vote on the finalists in this thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704226

Joe - the finalists aren't seeded in any way, so to avoid influencing the vote, I'll wait until after the poll for the finalists closes then list the top 15 or so in order of votes cast. Yes, this could be an example of me taking myself too seriously - it happens. :eek:

Peter - from a practical standpoint I most certainly get your point. It's the same "problem" that Hanson and a few other makers face in the nomination round - so many entries that votes for their knives get split. But keep in mind we are voting for best knife, not best maker. It is to Larry's credit that a pretty informed and enthusiastic group of knife nuts selected two of his knives to make the finals. Who am I to exclude one of them - particularly when they reflect different ends of Fuegen spectrum from (comparativley) plain to ornate?

Roger

Hi everyone!

I am very honored to be among the top seven finalists. Thanks for nominating me!

Thanks,

Kyle

I was very honored for having a couple of my knives just mentioned in this thread, with a cast like this it makes this old hillbilly feel mighty good.
Your all fantastic makers and any of the 7 finalist plus many others mentioned would be very worthy of the title.

Congrats to the winner whomever it may be.

Bill

This are 2 Bowies from an Italian Makers

(Eros Sonvilla).
bowieeros007.jpg

001isj.jpg

(Milko di Paco)
sumina1.jpg

Last edited:
Back