Bladeforums Spyderco Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will take at least one of anything that is produced for bladeforums.com members. the native sounds great, and so does the martial folder. love that rolling lock!

marco

Sal, How about also marking the Bladeforums.com Native on the obverse Sal Glesser Signature Edition...

Spark - Mfg agreed to make the model. Blue G-10 Native. CPM-440V blade with hollow grind and swedge. The same lock-back currently used on the Native. Engraved or etched with "BladeForums.Com" or ?

Smooth G-10 or bead blasted?

You come up with the number, then we'll make them to the count you come up with. We'll sell them to you at dealer rate. You pull enough profit to assist in the BladeForums.Com maintenance costs.

Copfish - don't know about this signature series stuff. PS - thanx for the thanx.
sal

Sal, sounds good, Mike will have to call you about the business end of it (since he is one of your distributors), but we'll probably order 500 or so pieces, as per your earlier specifications.

"BladeForums.com" or "BladeForums.com (subset with smaller type directly underneath) 1999 Commemerative Edition" or something similar would make a fine inscription.

I haven't a clue what Bead Blasted G-10 looks like, but if it's as abrasion resistant as standard G10, it sounds good. If it's sky blue, so be it, though like you I'd prefer a darker color. Any chance of us seeing what color this actually represents before hand?

Again, you have our deepest thanks for being willing to work with us to bring this idea to fruition.

BTW, what's going on with your website? Is it down?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Hey Spark,
If you're taking orders, make sure you save one for me.

p.s. You sure 500 will be enough? (heh, heh, remember, some of our members have voracious appetites when it comes to spydercos)

Native in dark blue or forest green is fine with me. But in 440 only? ATS 55 or 34 would be easier to sharpen if its going to used a lot. Just my opinion. Either way it' s exciting!

L8r,
Nakano

"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

Well looks like the Blue G-10 Native with the BladeForums logo will be the one. We will limit it to only 500 pieces which should make it move faster and make it more of a collectable piece and thats about all I can afford on the project hoping they will all move. All profits will go directly to BladeForums to buy a new server for much faster downloads
smile.gif

Sal,

I will need to know what you need from me as far as the logo is concerned. I would like them numbered 001 through 500.

Members,
Here is how I will handle who gets what numbers. I will go to the member file and go by the date each person became a member. We will take orders and have a specified date by which all orders are to be placed. After that date the remaining numbers will be sold first come first served. Naturally I get number 001
smile.gif
and Spark number 002
smile.gif

This sounds like a fun project and we will do it each year! Also Will Fennel had an idea like this a while back for a Genesis special run which we can do later this year. It will cost more however which may limit the run a good bit.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I would definitely like one, sounds like there is no chance of getting two...

On that note, if there is enough demand, would Mike consider doing a second unmarked run for those who couldn't get one the first time or want one or two to use??

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online within two weeks, look for it right here at BladeForums.com.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Per G-10 -- the polished G-10 has a much more "rich" look to it and is easier on the clothing. Looks almost like carbon fiber but in a deep, rich way. The bead blasted looks a-la Benchmade.

Please keep the 440v, this helps make it an even "special" item.

Spark and Mike, put me down for one, two if the handles are polished rather than bead blasted.

--Doug

I just wanted to thank sal for producing a knife specially for the forum.I appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions,and for respecting our opinions.

This is my first post (lurking for months) and it is to beg to be put on the list for a Native! Been meaning to get one for awhile but didn't want G-2 for the blade. My 440V Military has spoiled me rotten!

One would think that a relatively bright individual wouldn't double post.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by chrisJohn (edited 17 February 1999).]

I suppose I will have to be the only one to throw in a bit of disgreement here.

Love the Bladeforums special edition, and 440V and blue polished G10 sounds awesome, but the Native? Couldn't we do a Police in 440V plain edge with titanium handles. Okay, I realize my dream Spydie may not be everyone elses.
smile.gif

Regardless of the model, both Sal and Mike derserve our thanks. Put me down for one!
smile.gif

Well, c'mon, enough talk, lets get the ball rolling. You think I have all year to wait? Well, maybe I do, but I want it now!now!now!

Etching " Bladeforums 1999"

Mike,

I am going to be weeping... : ( A grown man, imagine that... if I dont' end up with at least one of these because my membership # is 10XX. I been screaming around the forums asking (begging) for a good knife with a blue handle to tuck (disappear) into my jeans...

How about a lottey instead...
wink.gif

sing

[This message has been edited by sing (edited 17 February 1999).]

I know I have a snowball's chance in hell, but put me down for one too. Just tell me when and where. What am I #1,999,999....oh well
"It's gotta be 440-V"
The Military has me spoiled too!!
smile.gif

------------------
Norwegian Misfit

"For the word of GOD is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword...." Hebrews 4:12

I love the idea of serial numbers corresponding to membership because if that's so, I'd be #3 (after Mike and Spark) as I had the first post after registering! Yeah!

Looking forward to the "blue" special and the Tie Clipit
smile.gif
! Mike, as if you didn't know....I'm in!!!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

[This message has been edited by bald1 (edited 18 February 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back