• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BladeHQ makes it right.

If I recall correctly the price BHQ had listed for FedEx 2 Day was about the price of a USPS flat rate small box. That's really not a bad deal.

The latency on actually getting stuff shipped is an issue, but a free snail mail option and a 2 day expedited option for $7-8 seems pretty reasonable.
I don't recall the FedEx pricing - I noted the Priority Mail price, which, as stated, is more than I generally pay when I'm shipping, and I don't have a merchant account. To be honest, I don't really care about minor differences in shipping costs; it's the time aspect that goes along with it. Free economy shipping 4-8 days. Pay for First Class 4-8 days. Priority 4-6 days, Express was something silly like 3-4 days.
I don't know what their economy shipping is...but, typically it's something like SmartPost or SurePost. If it's one of those, I will almost always choose to upgrade; but that's silly if the upgrades have the same delivery period.

By most accounts, BHQ is a decent company with which to do business. Accordingly, I hope they can get their issues sorted out before they lose more customers and recommendations.

I stopped shopping there for a few reasons. Shipping being one but also the exclusives they order are gone in less the 2 minutes. Meanwhile half the Youtubers as flashing their free knife a week or so before they are available. Which is fine but if your going to push your exclusives knowing good and well that they sell out way to fast... order more. They are not limited edition or they are but are called exclusives. They need to Double or even triple there orders so you and I have at least 5 minutes to even try to get one. Instead we end up seeing them resale for 1.5 to 2 times the cost days after the release. I can see someone selling one a few years later for a small profit but days all because they buy the smallest order they can, send out freebies to the Youtubers so everyone wants one then they can't fulfill the hype they made. Just don't hype up the exclusives or order enough that if you really want one you stand a chance to get one in more time then 90 seconds. The last order I did with them was because they were literally the only place I could find what I wanted. Sold out everywhere. I will pay $10-20 more then to give them another penny if I can help it. Before that every single knife was looked at or bought from them. @Quiet said it best. The have grown so fast but still run the company like it's out of a garage.

Last edited:
Slow processing and shipping is why I don't pay for Prime anymore and try not to shop via Amazon.

Same story for BladeHQ. My last order wasn't 100% from them and I had to contact the knife manufacturer to get my issue resolved.

BladeHQ has the public eye, but there are plenty of other dealers out there that'll process AND ship faster than it takes to get a response from a BladeHQ CS rep.

They're currently running a raffle to raise money for Continue Mission (a charity supporting veterans.) Now, if the delay raises more money for a worthy cause then I'm all for it, but I find it hilarious that BladeHQ BladeHQ has failed to keep to the raffle schedule given that their biggest criticism is how long it takes to process orders.

The official rules state that the raffle ended yesterday and the drawing should have been this morning... they're still selling tickets and no drawing has been made as far as I can tell.:confused::rolleyes:

They're currently running a raffle to raise money for Continue Mission (a charity supporting veterans.) Now, if the delay raises more money for a worthy cause then I'm all for it, but I find it hilarious that BladeHQ BladeHQ has failed to keep to the raffle schedule given that their biggest criticism is how long it takes to process orders.

The official rules state that the raffle ended yesterday and the drawing should have been this morning... they're still selling tickets and no drawing has been made as far as I can tell.:confused::rolleyes:
I'm all for them raising money. But I think they should do the drawing as they have stated and then do a second one if they want to "continue the mission."

Last edited:
We appreciate you bringing this up as upon reviewing the rules as stated we see there may have been some confusion in the wording. Specifically, in the section regarding prizes, it states "Winner(s) will be selected 11/11/2019 at 10 a.m. MT and announced via Instagram/Email/YouTube/Facebook". This wording is confusing as it implies that the winner(s) will be announced on 11/11/2019 at 10 a.m. MT but that is actually not the case. Because we are accepting mail-in entries we are obligated to allow one extra week for those to final entries to trickle and because of this the winner(s) will be announced next Monday 11/18/2019. We apologize for not specifying this time frame in the rules and the confusion this oversight caused.

Regarding the entries continuing to be accepted through yesterday that was actually a decision from the community. Over the weekend we had released a poll on social media inquiring the community if they would be interested in extending the raffle to allow us to reach a secondary goal of $60,000. Due to the resounding positive feedback, we decided to extend the raffle one more day through Veterans Day, postponing the dates in the rules by an extra day.

Again, we apologize for the confusion but hopefully this post clarified your concerns.

-Blade HQ

Once again. You know if you did these announcements before they became a issue it wouldn't be a problem. But once its pointed out it becomes DAMAGE CONTROL.

We appreciate you bringing this up as upon reviewing the rules as stated we see there may have been some confusion in the wording. Specifically, in the section regarding prizes, it states "Winner(s) will be selected 11/11/2019 at 10 a.m. MT and announced via Instagram/Email/YouTube/Facebook". This wording is confusing as it implies that the winner(s) will be announced on 11/11/2019 at 10 a.m. MT but that is actually not the case. Because we are accepting mail-in entries we are obligated to allow one extra week for those to final entries to trickle and because of this the winner(s) will be announced next Monday 11/18/2019. We apologize for not specifying this time frame in the rules and the confusion this oversight caused.

Regarding the entries continuing to be accepted through yesterday that was actually a decision from the community. Over the weekend we had released a poll on social media inquiring the community if they would be interested in extending the raffle to allow us to reach a secondary goal of $60,000. Due to the resounding positive feedback, we decided to extend the raffle one more day through Veterans Day, postponing the dates in the rules by an extra day.

Again, we apologize for the confusion but hopefully this post clarified your concerns.

-Blade HQ

So you're obligated to wait a week on the announcement for mail to trickle in... but you've already done the drawing?

This sounds like damage control(read: an outright lie). If that was the case the terms should have read that the raffle would close on 11/10 and winners would be drawn/announced on 11/18.

Why mention 11/11 at all? Either you've left the trickle-in mail entries out of the drawing and are just delaying the announcement to make it seem like they had a shot, or not a damn thing happened on 11/11 at all and the official terms were wrong/ignored.

Edit: Also, congratulations on reaching 60k. That's awesome!

Last edited:
So you're obligated to wait a week on the announcement for mail to trickle in... but you've already done the drawing?

This sounds like damage control(read: an outright lie). If that was the case the terms should have read that the raffle would close on 11/10 and winners would be drawn/announced on 11/18.

Why mention 11/11 at all? Either you've left the trickle-in mail entries out of the drawing and are just delaying the announcement to make it seem like they had a shot, or not a damn thing happened on 11/11 at all and the official terms were wrong/ignored.

Edit: Also, congratulations on reaching 60k. That's awesome!

I think this all was explained in a confusing way, so let me clear this up a bit. Initially, we had planned on closing the giveaway off before Veteran's Day and announcing the winners on Veteran's Day. That's what was in the terms and conditions. That would give time for all the mail-in entries to be counted and entered. That's why the initial communication all stated the giveaway would be announced on 11/11.

Then later, after the initial timeframe was given, we decided with the help of the community to extend the giveaway and try to reach our goal of 60K. We were not clear enough that this would extend the timeframe for when we were accepting entries until Veteran's Day and meant that we would need to give extra time for the possibility of additional mail-in entries postmarked by 11/11. In addition, the terms were never changed which is what contributed to the confusion.

We have not picked the winners yet, and we will do that once we have gathered all of the mail-in entries. Again, I am sorry for the confusion.

-Blade HQ

We apologize for not specifying this time frame in the rules and the confusion this oversight caused.

-Blade HQ

^ You don't owe anyone here any apologies, in relation to this awesome raffle; in fact, I would rather "THANK YOU," for what you're (Blade HQ) is doing, to help support our Veteran's. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And let me add: I've done a lot business with Blade HQ in the past, & I'll continue doing business with Blade HQ in the future. You guys are one of the really awesome, solid Dealer's I've enjoyed buying from; I've had nothing but positive experiences, dealing with you guys. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As for a couple of the Customer Service employee's (bad apple"s), you mistakenly hired...
I feel your pain! :rolleyes:

You should see some of the self entitled, lazy, pathetic people we have to deal with on our jobsites, on occasion. I've come to accept, that these apathetic, self entitled crack head always have a phone in their hand's people (they can't go anywhere without their pacifier cell phone in their hand which keeps them from doing anything WORK related), are the wave of the future. Finding good help (customer service) anymore, is a real problem that everyone in business is facing...& it's only going to get worse.

You should see some of the self entitled, lazy, pathetic people we have to deal with on our jobsites, on occasion. I've come to accept, that these apathetic, self entitled crack head always have a phone in their hand's people (they can't go anywhere without their pacifier cell phone in their hand which keeps them from doing anything WORK related), are the wave of the future. Finding good help (customer service) anymore, is a real problem that everyone in business is facing...& it's only going to get worse.

I call them...garbage people.

...this is how it starts. Next, the robots take over.

Back