Blades & Movies

The_Assassin.jpg

The Raid 2

Not really a knife, rather a spear, but hey... I'm still wondering if Cold Steel yoinked a local design (as they were famous for...) or the production used CS Bushmen for the movie (both came out same year...)
X1Y92am.jpg

Again from this favorite movie of mine : "Warriors of the Rainbow".

Last edited:
You guys ever seen a movie called Ava with Jessica Chastain? She carrys an OTF and kills an assailant with it:

Looks like a scarab our one of those scarab clones, but pretty cool.
Screenshot_20210508-091058_Chrome.jpg

“Wrestling Earnest Hemingway” (1993). A fairly obscure little film, set in a small town in modern day (1993) southern Florida, starring Robert Duvall (as “Walt”), playing a retired barber from Cuba, and Harris (as “Frank”) playing a retired sea captain. They meet in a park and, although they could be no farther apart in demeanor, become friends, seeking solace from loneliness.
Anyway, there are three scenes in which a knife appears. Frank is seen standing with his back to a door frame, then retrieves a traditional folder from his pocket, opens it, and reaches back, above and behind his head to score the wooden frame, so as to be able to see if he has shrunk from the 6’ - 3” height of his youth. In another scene, he uses it to cut a sandwich to share with his friend. Finally Walt, after giving Frank a much needed haircut, is seen stropping a folding razor and shaving Frank.
I couldn’t identify the knives. Duvall and Harris absolutely embody the characters they portray. Shirley MacLaine, Piper Laurie, and Sandra Bullock turn in strong performances also.
Gem of a film, rarely aired (cabled, satellited?) so I purchased it on DVD.

Collateral (2004).

Tom Cruise uses a Chris Reeve Sebenza at about 2:01 to cut some zip ties. Some might say it’s shown too quickly, but trust me, it is a Sebenza; IIRC, a large left-handed Sebenza Classic. He used it again later in a nightclub scene.

Jim

Hey, I have another one. It was hard to identify... Found in the movie "The Duel" :
CYXAfck.jpg

And this one was a headache to capture. Patch knife with the famous Spanish notch(es ?) and an anther handle. One of my favorite patterns (yoinked from Outlander) :
USTG1fH.jpg

The Hunter (2011):

**SPOILER ALERT! if you haven’t seen this movie before and intend to, read no further.

Willem Dafoe uses a PE saber-ground Spyderco Delica 4 to free himself:

Jim

Last edited:
I can't find a video. But the hitman's bodyguard where he kills the guy with a Swiss army knife.

The Hunter (2011):

**SPOILER ALERT! if you haven’t seen this movie before and intend to, read no further.

Willem Dafoe uses a PE saber-ground Spyderco Delica 4 to free himself:

Jim
He also uses a Tom Brown Tracker styled knife to field dress a wombat (or wallaby?) for supper. Comical choice to me, but looks cool on screen.

He also uses a Tom Brown Tracker styled knife to field dress a wombat (or wallaby?) for supper. Comical choice to me, but looks cool on screen.
I thought you were talking about The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro for a second. The Tracker also features prominently in that film.

Back