Photos Blades of Glory

scdub

Gold Member
Basic Member
Hey Folks,

This is intended to be a fun “challenge” thread, and not a competition or debate.

I think it would be interesting to many of us to see your top tier knives (your “Blades of Glory” 😉) that you would choose to bring into these three generalized and hypothetical situations:

A) Armed conflict/war
B) Wilderness survival
C) Self defense against an attacker who also just has a knife

You might have only one or two knives that fill all three roles, and that’s fine - let’s see them.

The only rule: These must be knives that you ACTUALLY OWN right now and can get together into a SINGLE PICTURE to post here.

Bonus points if you tell us the makers/models. 🙏

Here’s my pic:
595A19E9-D2FB-408D-A466-C50163B4EC02.jpeg
A) John Greco Fighter - likely in O1
B) Scrapyard SawManDu in SR77
C) Bill Siegle Chopper/Fighter in differentially heat treated 5160

Let’s see yours!

Last edited:
That Siegle looks great. I'll play:

1. Busse Hell Razor 2, it's kind of meant as a modern interpretation of the Kabar, so it's a well-rounded combat (not fighting) knife that can take on heavy tasks but isn't overly bulky.

2. Halfbreed LBK, the tall thick blade combined with the aggressive hollow grind balances fine cutting tasks with heavy ones really well; it's especially good for splitting / batoning while still being pretty slicey.

3. Last one I wasn't exactly sure what you meant, if you're saying self defense where I have the knife and the other person has something like a gun, I'd go with my Steve Voorhis subhilt since it's quick in the hand, has a very locked in grip, and is double edged. If you mean the attacker also has a knife, I'd pick my SYKCO OMG15 to create a little more distance

20240116_115704.jpg

IMG_20210409_194626816.jpg

Hey Folks,

This is intended to be a fun “challenge” thread, and not a competition or debate.

I think it would be interesting to many of us to see your top tier knives (your “Blades of Glory” 😉) that you would choose to bring into these three generalized and hypothetical situations:

A) Armed conflict/war
B) Wilderness survival

You might have only one or two knives that fill all three roles, and that’s fine - let’s see them.

The only rule: These must be knives that you ACTUALLY OWN right now and can get together into a SINGLE PICTURE to post here.

Here’s my pic:
View attachment 2459644

Let’s see yours!
That Siegle would be pretty good for all 3. Hypothetically.

Hey Folks,

A) Armed conflict/war
B) Wilderness survival

Here’s my pic:
View attachment 2459644

Let’s see yours!
Your Greco is probably 8670...it was his go-to in the second half of his knife making career. Is there by chance a stamp other than the "Greco"?

Your Greco is probably 8670...it was his go-to in the second half of his knife making career. Is there by chance a stamp other than the "Greco"?
Could be. It’s got a “1” on the opposite side. That’s actually the reason I suspect O1 (also a steel he used). Someone on the forum speculated that the “1” could be a model number, but I’ve also heard that he used numbers to designate steels.
2ADD98EB-91AF-4880-82B7-73F68F4C4C97.jpeg
If anyone has any more information I’d be interested, but the tip has some crazy stout geometry so I’m really not worried about either steel choice - especially not from someone with his reputation/training…
FAA6F768-F78C-4749-9D5E-557E891452E5.jpeg

Hmmm....his 8670 is marked with an "8", so you definitely have something else. I expect you're right about O1, but could be a 10 series steel?

Back