Blades upon Books - Traditionals

LOTR Special Edition
44AE5434-007E-4F89-9BE2-9D104DC5C584.jpeg

D6A1425A-B364-416F-919F-FAA5D77B2177.jpeg

I've read most of the Jack Reacher novels at least twice, but this past summer I realized I had never read the very first Reacher novel! :eek:
So I read it in late July, even though I'm just now getting around to posting it. (I see that I have photos of a long list of books I've read, mostly from this year but some even earlier, that I still ought to post in this thread.) Killing Floor was a good read, although a lot of Reacher's characteristics that often appear in later novels don't show up in this first novel.

This paperback version has an introduction by the author explaining some of his ideas that led to developing the Reacher character. As a fan of the series, I found the introduction a thought-provoking addition to the story itself.

ETA: I found the introduction (plus the first couple of chapters of the novel, which you can ignore) online this morning. If you're a Reacher fan and haven't read this before, I recommend it highly.
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.ca/books/296613/killing-floor-by-lee-child/9780425264355/excerpt

child.killingfloor.jpeg

- GT

Last edited:
Last month I reread a favorite book from my childhood, and discovered that it was just as good as I remembered. I subsequently read the second book in The Black Stallion series and thoroughly enjoyed it, too. Lots of thrilling and dangerous adventures, most in the deserts and secret mountain valleys of Saudi Arabia! As a 10-year-old, I'm sure I ate this stuff up and was glad to be learning new "facts" about areas of the world which were totally mysterious to me.

There are lots of books in this series, and I don't know how long I'll keep going with it, but I already have the third book, Son of Black Stallion, from the library and hope to start it tomorrow or Tuesday.
farley.blkstllnreturns.jpeg

- GT

Looking forward to my Christmas break :)

sOOcmKJ.jpg
You're going to Lanzarote?
I had to look it up. Maybe even nicer than Bulgaria!

This USA-made sheath is just sewn nylon. I trust it was meant to have a plastic liner that didn't get put in. (I got it from that southern place without free shipping back when they sold good stuff cheap.)
DSCF2421.JPG
This guy is an honest writer. If I had almost killed my wife and myself by pulling a boulder over the hole by which we'd entered the vent of an extinct volcano, I probably would work the word "unaccountably" into my account.

Last edited:
You're going to Lanzarote?
I had to look it up. Maybe even nicer than Bulgaria!
Yeah, Playa Blanca, close to the Papagayo beaches :) I'm looking forward to it Jer :) :thumbsup:

This USA-made sheath is just sewn nylon. I trust it was meant to have a plastic liner that didn't get put in. (I got it from that southern place without free shipping back when they sold good stuff cheap.)
View attachment 2355090
I've seen plain nylon sheaths before Jer, kind of scary! :eek: Looks like a reasonable knife though :) :thumbsup:
This guy is an honest writer. If I had almost killed my wife and myself by pulling a boulder over the hole by which we'd entered the vent of an extinct volcano, I probably would work the word "unaccountably" into my account.
:eek: 🤣

I was given this at the market on Thursday, not quite as good as the comic, but still somewhat jaw-dropping! :eek: :D There's a book about the comic, but the price is even MORE jaw-dropping! :eek:

Mhe4P7n.jpg

Here are a couple of novels I read during the summer. Both involve the fictional team of Sean King and Michele Maxwell, former Secret Service members who were "kicked out" of that organization for apparently poor performance. They subsequently teamed up to be private "crime fighters".
As with most novels by Baldacci, I find the plots to be interesting, but the characters don't seem to be very well-developed. Doesn't seem to stop me from reading the novels if they're handy, though. (I think my wife brought both of these home from a Little Free Library after walking the dog.)
baldacci.simplegenius.jpeg
baldacci.king&maxwell.jpeg

- GT

Back