Bladesports Competition Knife

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have accumulated a few comp knives to this point, and I have another in the works.
I was curious if there would be any interest in my first one.
The design has changed quite a bit since then and I truly have no need for it.
It has been used and certified in competition and could be again if someone so wished.
It is Full Zero Convex Ground 4V at 62 Rc.
Even if you don't want to get into Bladesports I am confident this would be the best cutting Camp Knife you could get. Made to be tough, used hard, and hold a great edge.

1comp1.jpg

1comp2.jpg

Price is $SOLD

Includes US Shipping

Comment, message, or email if you have any questions.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

I'll take it if still available. PM'd you at the end of our earlier conversation, also.

Thanks!
Will

It's yours Will

Thanks

I found some time to get out with your BSI competition knife and try it out against some other choppers.

Your knife has the best design I've seen on several counts. Obviously, choppers are always a compromise between putting maximum weight/momentum at point of impact on one hand, and on the other hand allowing enough dexterity to control that momentum, so managing the swing doesn't fatigue the user or make use unsafe.

After using yours on seasoned deadfall from 1” dia. up to 4” dia., that compromise felt very close to ideal--wonderfully controllable because of the compact blade length, but with enough mass to deliver devastating impact.

Second, bite depth is obviously maximized by blade/edge geometry, and your knife has a thinner edge than most of the blades in my lineup--a significant advantage. Even with the thickest blade spine overall, yours bit deeper than several longer, thinner blades of similar weight.

Third, ergonomics are a key factor to me for accuracy, control, and reducing fatigue. In hand, yours feels the best to me ergonomically of anything I have.

In short, I was very impressed. The only thing that bit deeper than yours was a heavy cane machete with a broad nose for putting more steel/weight behind the edge without increasing thickness, and it has significantly greater blade length. But the ergonomics on the machete couldn’t begin to compete with your knife.

This is the first time I’ve used a BSI competition knife, and I’m really impressed with the evolution of the design under your craftsmanship. Fine, fine blade.

Thanks again for allowing me the opportunity to own it!

Will

Last edited:
Will,
I am glad that you are pleased with the knife that you received.
The Competition knives are very different than anything that I have made before.
The design and execution is extremely performance driven.
I enjoy using them for both heavy and delicate cutting tasks.
While it may not be the best knife to slice a tomato with it is surprising how well it does because of the geometry.
I just finished my fourth knife and used it in the last competition.
Some very minor geometry tweaks and it is going to be the knife I use for all of the 2017-2018 season.

Thanks again Will and I hope that you continue to get lots of use from it.

Chris,

In my book you're a standout on your way to becoming a master in all areas--steel, heat treat, and design for both performance and ergonomics. You embody the promise of tomorrow for the "applied" blade sciences, and are a great example for both blade builders and users of what that means. Hats off to you!

Chris,

In my book you're a standout on your way to becoming a master in all areas--steel, heat treat, and design for both performance and ergonomics. You embody the promise of tomorrow for the "applied" blade sciences, and are a great example for both blade builders and users of what that means. Hats off to you!

Thanks Will.
Your comments are much appreciated.

Maybe click on his avatar and hit the spot that says send message. Not sure if have to have paid membershipship to send them a message, I know you have to have one to receive messages.

That is such an awesome looking knife. I’m trying to get into Bladesport. Finding a quality tool is hard to come by. I have the ability to make and setup tables but I can’t find a quality beginne/trainer choppper. Also I will have to wait until next year to get certified but I am still going to try and acquire a chopper and all the knowledge I can before then. I live about an hour from Pigeon Forge area.

That is such an awesome looking knife. I’m trying to get into Bladesport. Finding a quality tool is hard to come by. I have the ability to make and setup tables but I can’t find a quality beginne/trainer choppper. Also I will have to wait until next year to get certified but I am still going to try and acquire a chopper and all the knowledge I can before then. I live about an hour from Pigeon Forge area.
Big Chris lives in Louisville, Ky. He is active on Facebook and Instagram, so he is easy to reach.

Back