Blur lock rock

I deassisted my blur and I could never get the detention right, so I put the spring back in and once I got the blade centered I put loctite on the pivot screw. Well everything has been peachy for the past six months or so but now it's developed some very noticeable vertical blade play but no lateral play at all. Now I must admit I'm constantly flipping this knife open. Does anyone have any hints to remedy this problem?

I'd try to re assemble first and really snug it up. If not add a tiny bit of bend to the liner. I hope you used blue for easy enough removal. And does the blade jiggle when open or does it just slide off the tang with spine pressure.

Good luck.

I haven't put enough force on the spine of the blade to know if it slips, but I can tell you that if I hold the handle and shake the knife in an up and down motion while open you can hear contact between the blade and linear lock.

And I think I screwed the pooch and used red loctite. At the time I didn't really know the difference. Guess I'll have to use some heat and upon her back up.

It's 50\50. Try it first. Sometimes they pop rite open.

A that means either send it in for repair or do it yourself. By adding more bend. Of the knife does this and the liner is only around 50%. It was not correctly bent at factory.

Bending the liner is super easy! Don't wait 6 weeks for something you can do in 10 minutes. That's if you can get it apart. Lots of heat from a hair dryer works well for me (I use red sometimes, gasp!, but an extremely small amount).

This might be a silly question, but is your only symptom of lock rock the sound you hear when you shake it, or can you feel the play when you move the blade with your hand?

This might be a silly question, but is your only symptom of lock rock the sound you hear when you shake it, or can you feel the play when you move the blade with your hand?

Good point. Could just be the torsion bar sans grease pack rattling and not the actual lock

I can feel the blade move. The sound difference between torsion bar rattle and the blade hitting the stop pin or the lock is pretty substantial. If I force the lock over with my thumb nail just a tiny bit the problem is fixed.

I can feel the blade move. The sound difference between torsion bar rattle and the blade hitting the stop pin or the lock is pretty substantial. If I force the lock over with my thumb nail just a tiny bit the problem is fixed.

Bend that lockbar! Not too much though :)

Bend that lockbar! Not too much though :)

Before doing that, try slipping a bit of folded paper between the base of the lock-bar and the scale as a gentle wedge, ala Bluntruth4u (start at 8:45) : https://youtu.be/SOjwG98ftpk?t=8m45s

Having stronger lock-tension will also increase the detent.

Back