BM 51 Issue

So I got a Benchmade Model 51 over the summer in the U.S and smuggled into Canada (where I live). As I started using it, I noticed the screws would come loose and occasionally come out. First time I lost a screw, I found it the next day. Since then, I have lost two more and have not been able to find them. I'd rather not bring it across the border to send it back to Benchmade, so I need to find another way to get new screws if I don't want it to fall apart. Anyone got any bright ideas to share?

Wrong subforum for this question, but...

Have you tried the obvious? Call Benchmade and ask if they can send you the screws. They'll usually send you a screw or even a pocket clip or other broken/missing hardware. Being in Canada I think the only problem would be postage, rather than any issue of legality or contraband.

That reminds me, I'm missing a screw on my 51 as well. A bit of blue Loctite on each screw isn't a bad idea.

Wrong forum. Tech Support is for website technical questions. I moved this to the Benchmade forum.

Incidentally, the less said about skirting the law, the better. Bladeforums does not allow discussions about these violations.

Back