BM 705 or CQC-7 Mini

thinking of either getting BM 705 or Emerson CQC-7 Mini.
Both blade length are smaller then 3 " and that's is what I need.
Since I have the CQC7-B, I am leaning toward the BM705.
Any input ???

Thanks

I have both and they both excell in their own ways. The mini B is a no nonsense tactical. I like that it can be tip up or down and I really like the disk better than a stud. IMO, chisel grinds rock. The 705 is a great little EDC. The blade geometry is excellent and the axis lock can't be beat.
Matt.

Very tough call. Both would make a great 1-2 thing. So probably the 705 since you already have the larger CQC-7/

Very tough call. Both would make a great 1-2 thing. So probably the 705 since you already have the larger CQC-7.

My advice; get the BM 705. Please read my post on the Emerson knife I received last week. A piece of junk! All of my Benchmades are perfect.

Yeah, what a piece of junk. The scale was off by a tiny fraction of an inch. :rolleyes:
I say we boycott their knives and picket outside the factory.
Get a life.
If you don't like the knives, don't buy them. Stop trolling.

I think you should get the 705. I've had two and loved them. I sold the first one and missed it so much that I bought a second one and then I lost it :mad: . I have no experience with the other knife you are interested in I just know how much I liked my 705. Get one I think you will like it.

I think the 705 feels smaller in the hand than the mini cqc7. I was looking at both recently, and ended up with something different. :)

My recommendation is the BM 555 (mini-griptillian - feels larger in the hand, 3" blade, axis lock, smoooooth opening, SWEET knife), but if made to choose between those two knifes... tough choice. I like the size of the Emerson, but the axis lock on the 705. Good luck!

Cedric

Lot of help I was, huh? :rolleyes:

Torah,
Cool handle Get the 705 since you have the Emerson
already.Where in North Carolina are you??.Have a good day.

I would consider the BM556. I like it better than those you are considering. It also happens to be cheaper but even if it were not I would still select it on the basis of the blade shape and ergonomics.

You want a utility knife that cuts like crazy? Get Benchmade! But if a small folding crowbar is what you need get mini CQC7. To me these two are VERY different knives...

Back