BM 770 or William Henry?

I just posted about three knives and I decided for my environment the William Henry would be very nice. But then there is the 770 with the boron coating that is very cool and a little less expensive.

Any opinions between these two?

Both are nice "gentlemen" knives--small blade, light-weight, and made with high-tech materials. In "fit and finish," I would give the nod to the Wm Henry; however, I personally prefer the BM 770 (I'm assuming you're talking the carbon fiber handled version--not the aluminum handled 770). The boron carbide coating is sweet and is not a common option on most knives. Further, the 770, imo, has more "attitude" than the Wm Henry. Osborne knows knives!

Bottom Line: If you want a looker, get the (baa baa) Wm Henry. If you want a user, get the Osborne.

P.S. I have a MOP Wm Henry that has sat in my collection case untouched by human hands for a number of months but that's another kind of knife from what we're talking about here.

I'm wasn't too excited about the 770, I have a 943 plain edged Osborne coming soon. William Henry has some nice knives, but I haven't had the chance to handle any.

Have you handled them?

Personally, the 77x just doesn't feel right in my hand. Just too small and awkward to open one handed.

My CF Lancet is just right, though, and is in my pocket almost everyday.

YMMV, so I'd find a store where you can handle them both.

If you are deciding between the CF William Henry Lancet and the Benchmade, then you need to decide whether you want a sabre-ground tactical knife, or a nearly flat ground gent's knife.

I think the WH is a better cutter and in that size range, I don't really see the value of the "tactical" saber-ground blade.

I also like the treatment of the CF better on the WH.

WH will have a better fit and finish and is one of the best gents knives made, dont be afraid of using it though they not only look good they are well made and make good users. The BM is also a great knife and you would not go wrong with it. It all boils down to which one you like best.

Back