BM Bluestar

NullRoot

Banned
Hey this is my first post here so hi, well i have a benchmade bluestar on the way i had a darkstar for about 4 years and then i took it apart to clean and now i need a new knife (i will probably just send the darkstar to get repaired) but i need a knife in the meantime so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the bluestar and how it compares to the darkstar. To be specific it's the bluestar 886sbt, thought the teflon would be nice.

What happened to the darkstar when you took it apart? As for the bluestar it seems like a good knife. I have no real first hand experience with it. However I do have experience with the teflon coating from my 910 M2HS Stryker. It looks great when new. However with use it gets worn and can chip off in places. The blade is still totally servicable as when I got it. I just does not look as pretty.

Well i didn't have the torx drivers so i just took out the screw that gave tension to the blade and holds most of the top end of it together then spread the liners and the blade fell out.I cleaned it all out and put it back together the exact way it came apart but now it sits uneven so much that when i push the linerlock to the left to close it it dosent go over far enough so ii have to loosen that aforementioned screw and move the blade over just to close it. And there is quite a bit of scraping when opening and closing but i can't quite tell where.I might of bent the frame but i don't know, so i think i'll have the right tools before ever trying that on the bluestar.Heheh still sucks though i really liked that knife it's been in my pocket every day for th past 3 or 4 years and never let me down, in fact the only time i ever cut myself with it is when i was trying to reasemble it guess it serves me right for messin with it.:(

I had one of the old Sentinel versions with Aluminum slabs on it. It was a really classy knife. If it would have been smaller, I would have kept it, but the blade was just a tad too long for my daily carry. Funny, now I carry a MT LCC, and that blade is just as long if not longer. I guess tastes change. I wish I had that knife still. Just one more knife that I got rid of too prematurely. I love the overall design of the knife, and I'm sure that either version will be just as good. I like blue anodizing better than gold, anyway. Hope you have luck getting the old one put back together right.

DD

yeah i'll probably get some torx drivers from sears and try to put it back together right if that don't work i'll just send it to benchmade cause i havent come across too many shops here that would do as good a job.

Yo yo yo i just got my darkstar back together after cleaning it and not being able to get it back together but i finally managed after a few days and it really sucked not having it every day i really missed it but it's back and clean and super sharp now i'm just waiting for the bluestar, but i have to praise benchmade thier not the easiest to reasemble but they are quatity pieces so buy one hehe just thought i would share my experience benchmade rules!!!:D :) :D

Back