BM Mini Rukus and Edgepro?

Anyone sharpening their Mini Rukus on an Edgepro? How are you keeping the blade on the table, with a riser or pressing towards the edge down? If you're using a riser block how did you make it? Thanks.

I don't have one but have sharpened many knives like that with the EP. You don't have very much flat, unground, blade, but you have lots of flat primary bevel.

You don't need a riser block. Just rest on the primary bevel and the spine will stick up a little off the table like Ben Dale does with the Buck in the EP video. You will have to adjust the angle on the guide post and add some to compensate for the increased resting angle on the table (also like in the EP video). Just use the white plastic guide stop that slides over the metal guide stop. This will raise the stop up off the table a little more so the spine of the knife doesn't try to slide over the stop. If that is still not high enough you can slide a piece of cardboard under the clip between it and the table.

If you don't have one, I don't see it on their web site anymore, but I am sure he has them. If you don't have one call Ben Dale at EdgePro and get a couple. All they are is a piece of a plastic binder. The type that you put your papers in and slide this plastic clip along the edge to lock to two sides and you papers in place. I think Ben Dale said you can get them at Office Depot.

It is the little white thing covering the end of the metal guide clip in this picture.

ep-pro-kit2_899_general.jpg

Thanks for replying Gary. I did what you suggested. I kept the primary bevel flat against the table, the plastic clip's on the metal guide(haven't taken it off, actually), and it's easy to keep it flat on the table. The only thing is I had to raise the pivot about 1.5" down from the top for the factory edge. I marked it with a sharpie for future reference. Now I'm good to go. Edgepro and the Mini Rukus.... perfect together. :)

Back