BOB LUM TANTO (FOLDER) WITH G10 HANDLE

Does any one own one of these yet? Looking to read about the handle and liner thickness.
Also the quality,finish, and fit of the knife.

I should have mine today or tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

I just got mine a few minutes ago. Initial impression - VERY NICE. Fit an finish is excellent. No blade play, edge is is a razor. Very pleased. The only issue I have is with the tanto point. It is traditional with the no real secondary edge bevel. On one side it was not blended very well and it does appear to have a large wide secondary edge bevel. This cosmetic and I would be willing to bet I could blend it with some very careful attention.

Overall - I LIKE.

Got an all black one from Bob. Its very nice w/black clip and clip screws to boot. Being a sucker for black knives, I like this one better than the Ti handled ones. Still don't like the looks of the phillips screws though and they're bright SS too bad they weren't blackened like the clip screws although a little brownells blk teflon can fix that.

Dirk,

I got mine yesterday and sent it back immediatly. The blade rubbed against the liner, when opening and closing, the black teflon finish was not evenly applied, and the front of the knife was not evenly shapened just like you mentioned. I hope this was a reject that got by inspection. I am having the dealer send me another one.

Does the new Lum have dual liners or is it like the Military and the Starmate?

------------------
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." ~Jeff Cooper
And the same goes for a knife...
And, I'm a Usual Suspect.

The new Lum has dual liners. After some playing with mine, it developed blade rub. I tightened everything up and pretty much eliminated the rub. If I apply enough pressure, I can get it to rub.

It was my understanding from a post in BladeForums some where that the tanto point on the Lum isn't supposed to be razor sharp. It should be sharp enough to cut paper, but that's about it. I'm not an expert, but I believe the tip was meant for penetration more than cutting or slicing.

Blade rub in many new knives from many companies. This is starting to appear almost everywhere. i would like t know why? My personal opinion, companies are using thinner material, which leads to more flex. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS! The one exception would be the Chinook, I can't figure out why that thing rubs.

------------------
If ignorance is bliss,
why aren't more people happy?

Back