Bobbers Floating In The Swamp (Who's Fishing?)

VooDooWitchDoctor

Seeing as how the spring Crappie and Walleye season are just about upon us (for Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan), I thought I would start a thread about a relaxing sport that anyone can enjoy.

Favorite pictures and stories are welcome, and if you want to share your angle on angler specifics or secrets that's cool too!

I do believe the cold waters of Lake Erie will be calling my name all too quickly, about time to get the downriggers dusted off and ready to roll.

A little jealous of your Erie ‘eye fishing. We generally use planer boards and snap weights, or lead core around here when trolling for them, as they’re not usually deep enough for downriggers (we save those for Kokes and Lakers). Lindy rigs and jigs for bait fishing after the waters warm a little bit. Wish we had some better Crappie fishing closer to Denver.

It's been one year since the fateful night I shattered my leg, which resulted in surgery and being laid up for a while. Perhaps this year I can get out there and slay some Walleye. A warmer than usual winter means an earlier warm up of the fishing waters we like to hit. Here's to a bright 2024 outdoors season!

Back